Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @ezraklein: You should spend your Saturday reading @jimtankersley’s excellent series on the decline of the American middle class: http:/… about 41 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The GOP will get good at saying why they don't like Jeb. They'll fail to unite around an alternative. Then they'll love him when he loses. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Republicans are just putting the "Christ" back in "Christ, how do we take insurance from the 10 million Americans who gained it this year?" about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @teenagesleuth: Recognizing Cuba, bastion of human oppression, is an insult to our noble allies in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, Pak… about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MariaSalamancaM: You need 4 Bushes to match Obama's job net creation numbers, 10 to match Clinton's http://t.co/lEEp3sPtkY about 15 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.