Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @NationalMemo: Ted Cruz pretends to be country. But most of donors and all of his policies are country club. http://t.co/ml2wrE7prs http… about 49 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Marmel: It's election season. We need a counter to the idiocracy of the anti-science crowd. #BringBackCosmos http://t.co/pZV1usO1wr about 53 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AriBerman: Resegregation of Southern politics eliminated white Democrats & marginalized minority voters http://t.co/pXBcS9rAUu http://t… about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JoeConason: Marvelous reading in @thenation 150th anniversary edition — notably superb @mtomasky essay on “lesser evilism” http://t.co/… about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ThePlumLineGS: Key: MoveOn weighs in on race to replace Reid by calling on Schumer to drop support for Corker Iran bill: https://t.co/K… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.