Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @AriBerman: Had a great conversation about voting rights with @BillMoyersHQ & @Sifill_LDF. Watch online or @PBS http://t.co/amSIGN5qtD about 13 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JessicaValenti: We live a culture where simply turning down a man's advances means putting your safety at risk. Don't tell me that's no… about 35 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Can I get Ebola by changing the channel from CNN?" "Great question. Dr. Sanjay Gupta will have the answer for you after this commercial." about 38 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Not one voter ID law before 2006, which is, coincidentally, right when voters figured out that the GOP was terrible and deserved to lose. about 40 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 1 billion votes cast since 2000. 31 cases of voter impersonation. 600k+ voters will be disenfranchised in Texas. http://t.co/QtHmOVWtJC about 41 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.