Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @AlecMacGillis: Scott Brown's #NHSEN flub wasn't just about a map--it was saying the answer for milltowns is "trails for snowmobiles" ht… about 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @juliaioffe "I am a social scientist?" about 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to juliaioffe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I'm basing my entire Ebola policy on polls. That means we will now pretend Africa doesn't exist & there will be Coke in all water fountains. about 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ed_kilgore: Landrieu's remarks about Obama & racism were expressed carefully & responsibly. No apology needed for truth anyone should b… about 10 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nobody even noticed that I'm dressed as the sexy version of myself today :( about 13 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.