Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @CabPolitical: My latest "State of the Race" commentary on #2014Senate - All 2,000 words of it for your reading pleasure http://t.co/0di… about 53 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PaulBegala: I hope the 75th time's the charm. @SenWhitehouse gives his 75th "Time to Wake Up" speech on climate change. (1/2) http://t… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Jesus didn't want government to have Christian values when it came to charity, just when it comes to banning private parts stuff. #tcot about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MikeGrunwald: Oh, look, the pathetic bankster sellout Wall Street reforms are reforming Wall Street. http://t.co/izf6fOOAN6 via @rortyb… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: Day 3: 3rd Quarter Fundraiser - We work for you so you're in the know (by @alswrite) http://t.co/xMsuDGKL1D about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.