Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @jonathanchait: "This bastard has to be killed as a matter of political hygiene." The most revealing anti-Obamcare argument yet http://t… about 11 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Salon: True GOP believers insist their small government beliefs have nothing to do with race. They're deluding themselves http://t.co/u… about 39 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tanehisicoates: "The destroyers of your body will rarely be held accountable. Mostly they will receive pensions." http://t.co/NgzD5oGADB about 41 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SimonMaloy: when you write something and the white supremacists say "hey, us too!" well then you fucked up. http://t.co/AaL2ipiHtg about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BREITBART: WHY ARE BLACK PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT RACISM WHEN THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO GIVE US EBOLA about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.