Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- #DonnaEdwardsGraduates RT @digby56: Draft Donna Edwards! #BlueAmerica http://t.co/sQ2T09hS3w about 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@DineshDSouza Does prison make you gay? about 18 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- They're busy not fixing the Voting Rights Act for the next decade. RT @BrettLoGiurato: LOL http://t.co/hK9dqeLHh0 about 21 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Glad @imillhiser is optimistic but it just feels like a plot point designed to make the disappointment more profound. http://t.co/0QhzhnsbUP about 25 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MattBruenig: Marco Rubio and Mike Lee Want You to Have Kids—Unless You're Poor http://t.co/YfWZPbX6ff @ebruenig bringing the heat about 28 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.