Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- If Obamacare were designed to deprive middle class voters in red states tax credits, why aren't Republicans pissed? http://t.co/8sltSgGu2I about 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Latinos have voted for Obama twice and he'll never be on the ballot again. How could this outreach approach go wrong? http://t.co/hwIpFXMYEf about 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: LAST DAY, 3rd Quarter @Eclectablog fundraiser – 5 million visitors and growing http://t.co/vxP6GNW6U0 about 8 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "I'm not a feminist!" is the only thing that women would be allowed to say in public if not for feminists. about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AlanIAbramowitz: YouGov poll has Peters leading Land 67-21 among African-American voters in MI. He'll beat her by at least 90-10. about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.