Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @keithellison: We can live high-quality lives and live harmoniously with our environment #PeoplesClimate #ActOnClimate about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: Republican Rick Snyder now running on Obamacare after failing to lead on Medicaid expansion. Yeah, that'll work. http://t.… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RollingStone: Not sure about attending #PeoplesClimate March on Sunday? Read Bill McKibben's call to arms: http://t.co/Ypk2bKkxmo about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RussOnPolitics: GOP nominee for #ARsen Tom Cotton’s ridiculous lie: Let’s obliterate his wildly false farm bill ad. http://t.co/xguf5a… about 11 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is America. if you're going to sneak into the White House, do the right thing and get the Supreme Court to arrange it for you. about 11 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.