Tag Archives | Gerrymandering
Michigan House Dems introduce resolution to require bipartisan redistricting, prohibit gerrymandering
Maintaining a permanent Republican majority the easy wayYesterday, delegates to the Michigan Electoral College cast Michigan's 16 votes for Barack Obama. The President won Michigan handily, beating Mitt Romney by nearly 10 points. However, Republicans still maintain control over our state legislature and hour Congressional caucus. How is this possible? Gerrymandering. Find out how Republicans are trying to exploit this by changing how we choose our president after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @MoreWomenInGvt: AG @SchuetteOnDuty continues his bigoted crusade against marriage equality using our tax dollars: http://t.co/0H2ZKKxs2… about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheDailyEdge: #TellYourTeaPartyUncle Obama has created more net jobs in 6 years than in 12 years under 2 Bushes #HappyThanksgiving http… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @hiltzikm: Where Sen. Schumer gets Obamacare wrong: He's not aware that it's a huge boon to the middle class http://t.co/S63h1pDcBM about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ReformedBroker: Payday lenders backed by hedge funds are using Native American tribal loopholes to trap poor people. http://t.co/Y2Xbt5… about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How to Tell Your Right-Wing Uncle That He May Not Want to Turn Someone Only Known for Shooting a Black Kid Into a Hero about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.