This coming Sunday is, of course, our annual fundraiser for Eclectablog and The GOTMFV Show podcast. As I mentioned in the announcement, our theme this year is “Words That Can Save Democracy” and we are thrilled to have Anat Shenker-Osorio joining us this year. Anat is a political communications specialist whose research with Prof. Ian Haney-Lopez, DEMOS, and AFSCME has led to a revolution in effective communications strategies. Attendees of the fundraiser will enjoy a special presentation by Anat and then we’ll record the podcast live.
As usual, sponsorships are available (see the end of this post) but time is running out!
Also as usual, we’ll have a special souvenir to take home. This year’s Eclectagrog glasses arrived yesterday and I have to say, I’m pretty thrilled with them:
This year, our 2019 Annual Eclectablog Fundraiser Party is on Sunday, November 3rd from 6-9 p.m. at the Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales + Kitchen (2319 Bishop Circle East in Dexter). If you’ve never been to Jolly Pumpkin, you’re in for a treat. The food is superb and the beer is equally good.
Now, without further ado, here is our first round of sponsors:
DEMOCRACY DEFENDERS – Sponsorship of $2,500
– Progress Michigan
– Michigan Education Association
EQUALITY EVANGELISTS – Sponsorship of $600
– Michigan Nurses Association
– Michigan AFL-CIO
CHAMPIONS OF THE COMMONS – Sponsorship of $300
– ACLU of Michigan
– Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan
– Sierra Club – Michigan Chapter
– Doug Scott
– State House Representative Donna Lasinski
PROTECTORS OF THE PUBLIC – Sponsorship of $180
– AFT Michigan
– Barb Fuller – MI List
– Sam Bagenstos
– Stuart Dowty and Janet Goldwasser
If you’re interested in sponsoring the event, sponsorships are available at the following levels:
- Democracy Defender – $2,500 or more; includes admission for up to ten people to the party as well as a week of advertising on Eclectablog in our premium ad space.
- Guardian of Good Government – $1,200; includes admission for up to eight people to the party as well as a week of advertising in the sidebar space.
- Equality Evangelist – $600; includes admission for four people.
- Champion of the Commons – $300; includes admission for three people.
- Protector of the Public – $180; includes admission for two people.
You can use the PayPal widget below or send a check directly to:
Chris Savage/Savage New Media LLC
P.O. Box 32
Dexter, MI 48130
In addition to purchasing sponsorships from this PayPal widget, you may also donate a ticket for $50.
If you’d like to sponsor at a level over $2,500, please email Chris Savage at [email protected] to make arrangements.
All sponsors at every level will be acknowledged in blog posts and on signs at the event. Beyond the public recognition, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are amplifying progressive words that can save democracy.