I received this comment on my latest piece about impending No-Fault insurance reform in Michigan from “Jabbo”. It displays a complete misconception regarding this so-called reform that I think is worth dispelling.
As I wrote about in my piece for A2Politico this week, the organizers of the recall effort against Republican state Representative Paul Scott was dealt a devastating blow last week when Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Clinton Canady granted an injunction barring the use of petition signatures that have been gathered. This was the only recall effort in Michigan to secure enough valid signatures to put it on the November 2011 ballot.
This particular recall was high-profile because Scott’s anti-teacher’s union activities in the legislature sparked the Michigan Education Assocation to get involved with the recall, donating money and resources to the effort.…
The We the People rally for jobs at the Stadium Bridge in Ann Arbor scheduled for this evening has been cancelled. I do not know the reason for this and have only been told “it’s a long story”.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.…
Resolved that: The Obama administration and the Democrat-controlled Senate, in alliance with a global Progressive socialist movement, have participated in what appears to be a globalist socialist agenda of redistribution of wealth, and the waging of class warfare against our constitutional republic’s heritage of individual rights, free market capitalism, and indeed our Constitution itself, with the ultimate goal of collapsing the U.S. economy and globalizing us into socialism.
Resolved that: President Obama has seized what amount to dictatorial powers to bypass our Congress, and that because the Congress is controlled by a Progressive socialist Senate that will not impeach one of their kind, they have allowed this and yielded what are rightfully congressional powers to this new dictator.…
As I wrote yesterday, Rush Limbaugh criticized President Obama for sending 100 of our troops to Africa to help rid the planet of some of the most evil people alive. Here’s what he said:
One of the many people who are working to ensure that Republicans do not hand a gift to insurance companies by “reforming” our state’s auto insurance laws wrote to Governor Rick Snyder. They asked him to veto any changes to our current law that would remove the requirement for lifetime benefits in the event of catastrophic injuries sustained in a car accident. As I wrote last week, this so-called “reform” is nothing more than a gift to auto insurance companies that not only will not save Michigan consumers money but will, in fact, increase our costs.
A great video shot by Doug Miller of Capture Me Films last weekend at Reutter Park and the state Capitol during the Occupy Lansing rally. Really good stuff.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @sahilkapur: Can a GOP majority claim a mandate to repeal Obamacare if they're supporting big chunks of it? http://t.co/krGyG0Op1h (via … about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CitizenCohn: Why Ebola is so much less deadly here than it is in Africa -- by @juliaoftoronto @voxdotcom http://t.co/2w6waPmlWF about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @drgrist: ISIS is funded by oil. http://t.co/7oILOFq9Lb Wonder what would happen if the world’s rich countries used less. about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NancyOsborne180: Rick Snyder hasn't taken $1 billion out of K-12 education, he's taken BILLIONS out of K-12 education: http://t.co/bJmt… about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- People for the Ethical Treatment of People who Pretend to Care About Gaming Journalism about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite