I’m very happy to announce that the amazing folk duo Mustard’s Retreat will play some music for us at our 3rd annual Eclectablog fundraiser party in Ypsilanti next Tuesday, May 17th. As part of their set, they’ll be playing their song “Take the Children and Run”, a remake of Don Lange’s song written after the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant disaster.
You can hear the song HERE.
Tickets to the party are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. You can buy them now by clicking HERE. As in previous years, we’ll have a raffle, complementary food & beer, and a limited edition “Eclectagrog” beer glass as a souvenir.
In addition, we have some new sponsors to give a shout out to. Here’s the full list so far (and many more are pending – progressives seem to like to procrastinate ; ) The new sponsors are in bold:
Protector of the Public sponsorship:
- Planned Parenthood Affiliates of Michigan
- 12th District Democrats
- Zack Pohl
Champion of the Commons sponsorship:
- Doug Scott
- DiSano Strategies
- Mustard’s Retreat
Equality Evangelist sponsorship:
- Gerald & Christine Erickson
Guardian of Good Government sponsorship:
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Progress Michigan
- Michigan Education Association
If you or your organization would like to become a sponsor of the event, we have five levels this year:
- Democracy Defender – $2,500 or more; includes admission for ten people to the party as well as a week of advertising on Eclectablog in our premium ad space.
- Guardian of Good Government – $1,200; includes admission for eight people to the party as well as a week of advertising in the sidebar space.
- Equality Evangelist – $600; includes admission for four people.
- Champion of the Commons – $300; includes admission for three people.
- Protector of the Public – $180; includes admission for two people.
There’s also a fifth level for elected officials and candidates called “Legislative Challenge” for a $50 contribution.
You can use the PayPal widget below or send a check directly to:
Chris Savage/Savage New Media LLC
P.O. Box 32
Dexter, MI 48130
(NOTE: The “Legislative Challenge” level is for candidates only. Thanks.)
If you’d like to sponsor at a level over $2,500, please email me at eclectablog at gmail dot com to make arrangements.
We hope you will join us May 17. Like our last two parties, it will be tons of fun! But it’s also a necessary investment in journalism to keep progressive causes in the public eye. So whether you can be with us in person or not, chip in as much as you can to keep Eclectablog serving movements for a fairer future in Michigan. And please help by sharing this message with everyone in the progressive world!