Let’s be careful out there
I appreciate those who have sent me links to the secret group trying to destroy our public education system in Michigan. I WILL write about this tomorrow but today is not the day for that. Most of us, I think, are riveted by the news coming out of Boston and Watertown, MA and that’s as it should be. Godspeed to our law enforcement agencies and the heroes that work for them.
The Obama administration is clearly 100% focused on this, as well, and the President and his staff received briefings throughout the night. This morning, President Obama and Vice President Biden convened a briefing in the White House Situation Room with their national security team on developments in the ongoing investigation and events in Boston and Watertown, MA.
To show you just how serious they are taking this, participants in the meeting were:
- Attorney General Eric Holder
- FBI Director Robert Mueller
- Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
- National Security Advisor Tom Donilon
- Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco
- Deputy National Security Advisor Tony Blinken
- Deputy Chief of Staff Alyssa Mastromonaco
- Deputy National Security Advisor For Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes
- Deputy Counsel to the President Avril Haines
- National Security Advisor to the Vice President Jake Sullivan
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano (via video conference)
- Secretary of State John Kerry (via video conference)
- CIA Director John Brennan (via video conference)
[Photo credit: White House | Flickr]
Since then, Secretary of State John Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and CIA Director John Brennan have arrived at the White House.
Stay safe and send positive energy to the people involved in this situation in whatever ways seem appropriate to you.