Okay, this is horrendous:
A worker in Gov. Rick Snyder’s official mail room in the Romney Building was slightly injured this afternoon when he opened an envelope containing an unknown granular substance, Snyder’s spokeswoman Geralyn Lasher said today.
She said the employee immediately notified the office which shut down the mail room, evacuated the mail center employees and isolated the injured worker.
“The letter contained an unknown substance, it wasn’t a powder, it was more of a coarse granular,” deputy press secretary Ken Silfven said. ”When it made contact with the worker’s hands, he began to feel some discomfort.”
Silfven said the sensation began to subside when the employee washed his hands and the Lansing Fire Department’s hazardous materials team responded. Firefighters separated the employee from seven to 10 colleagues who work in the area and cleaned up the substance.
Yeah, the Governor is horrible. His policies are impacting most those who can least afford it while benefiting corporate interests to the tune of an 86% tax cut. But sending him poison? That is beyond the pale. I
refudiate repudiate this in the strongest possible way. It’s sickening.