EclectaLadies and EclectaGentlemen! Announcing our latest project: THE SAVAGE FEAST!
As most of you probably know from reading Eclectablog, I am married to one of the most talented photographers in the country, Anne Savage. You also probably know that the two of us have a passion for food. Gardening. Local foods. Organic foods. Cooking. Food preservation. It’s all a major part of our lives and what I refer to as our “suburban homesteading” lifestyle.
Anne recently made a decision to focus her attention on food photography and, together, we decided to start a new blog that showcases her wonderful photos and allows us to share our lifestyle with others. The result is The Savage Feast.
Here’s our “About” page:
It’s trendy these days to talk about slow foods, being a localvore, eating organic and shrinking your carbon footprint. On television, in newspapers and in magazines, we hear about these topics constantly. However, these changes can seem daunting and difficult for many of us.
The Savage Feast is a blog about how to incorporate these things into your life without them being a burden and, more importantly, how to have fun doing it at the same time.
- We will be talk about moving from a processed and fast lifestyle to one that will better serve you, your family and often your community.
- We will talk ways of improving the way you eat, buy food & cook; in small ways or with big changes.
- We’ll talk about eating fresh, seasonal foods whether they are purchased at a local farmer’s market or grocery store or if they are grown in your own backyard garden.
- We’ll have recipes. We’ll show you how to preserve foods so you can eat healthy foods from your garden even in the dead of winter.
- We’ll show you how you always have options in the things you do everyday and how you can make simple, easy changes that will give you very big and satisfying results.
- And, most of all, you’ll see fabulous photos of foods and food-related things that will get you excited about trying it out for yourself.
The Savage Feast is a creation of Anne and Chris Savage. We live in Dexter, Michigan, just outside of Ann Arbor, on an acre of land with our two dogs, cat and parrot.
Anne is a professional photographer with an emphasis on food photography. A transplant to Michigan from St. Louis, Missouri, Anne has adopted Michigan as her own and loves it like a native. All of the photos on The Savage Feast were taken by Anne unless otherwise noted.
Chris is a chemist by day, an aspiring writer, and a community organizer. Born and raised in southern Michigan, he loves to bake fresh bread and cooking in general, especially hot & spicy foods.
We hope you enjoy The Savage Feast.
I hope you’ll stop by and check us out. We also have a Savage Feast Facebook page which I hope you’ll visit and “Like”. You can sign up on The Savage Feast website to receive emails when new content is posted.
(And, yes, The Savage Feast logo is from a photo of a single day’s harvest from our EclectaGarden. We don’t kid around, kidz ;)
I’m just sayin’…