Yesterday, House Republicans read aloud the Constitution of the United States. Quick run-down on the multiple levels of fail:
- They read it a few sentences at a time and each reader had to be recognized “I now recognize the Representative from the great state of Ohio” “Thank you, Mr. Speaker. Section 12, subpart (a)…[blah, blah, blah]… I yield”. “The gentleman yields. I now recognize…”
- Half-way through, Boehner and Cantor left for a press conference
- The House floor was, shall we say, “sparsely populated” (most of them bailed).
- They read a modified version of the Constitution that left out some of the more unpleasant bits (like owning slaves).
- They skipped part of Section 4 because the pages stuck together.
- One guy estimated that the whole process cost the American taxpayers over a million dollars.
Oh, yeah. And two dudes voted before they took the oath of office. Funny thing, the Constitution requires them to take the oath BEFORE they are allowed to vote. I guess IOKIYAR.
I’m just sayin’…
If you enjoy what you’re reading here, please consider sharing it on your Facebook page or submitting it to Reddit or other sites using the links provided under the “Share button” below. Thank you!