What's more pathetic? That he says these things or that people believe them?Last night, Mitt Romney assumed the mantle of Republican nominee for the 2012 presidential election. Newt Gingrich thinks that's insulting (to voters, he says) and Ron Paul thinks... well, who knows what Ron Paul thinks? What came out of Mitt Romney's mouth was a string of lies as long as the plane trip between here and the last job he outsourced. Let's take a look...
Piss off a Republican. Support bold progressives.
Before I started writing for Eclectablog, I contributed a little cash to the effort. Why? Even though we are in an election season where a variety of local, state and national candidates need our support, I see what Eclectablog as an essential progressive voice for three reasons:
1. Chris Savage has gills that breathe Michigan politics.
He’s chronicled the anti-democratic efforts of the state GOP relentlessly. And he makes sure his readers know what’s happening now and next. In a state dominated by news that skirts the progressive perspective, Chris cuts through the crap and puts our issues on the national agenda.…
I find your quaint city constitutions mildly amusing…
At a speech criticizing Michigan’s Emergency Manager law yesterday, former Pontiac Emergency Manager Michael Stampfler was talked about the importance of investing in capital infrastructure and something he called civic capital — engagement of the local citizens in the process of governing.
Then he suggested that city charters were just “interesting reading”.
Here’s video from Bruce Fealk of the Rochester Citizen and Communications Director for Michigan Rising:
Compassion is an American valueThere's a humanitarian crisis going on in the Horn of Africa right now. A drought in 2011 was the worst in six decades. A quarter million people in Somalia face famine and death. International donors have pledged nearly $4 billion to help avert this tragedy. The Obama administration is on it. From their press release today: [more after the jump]
"Romney" is Wealthese for "foot in mouth"Holy crap. I thought Mitt Romney was the failmouth of the Romney family but it appears that he married the right woman. Ann Romney is as completely out of touch and unaware as her husband. Giving the keynote at the Connecticut Republican Party’s Prescott Bush Awards Dinner in Stamford, she said this (and I still cannot believe it):
Being a pander monkey is NOT going to help you, MittFacing a crushing defeat by President Obama with the Latino community, Mitt Romney has been found in the presence of one of the most conservative Latinos in the country this past week: Marco Rubio. But Marco Rubio is not well liked among a number of folks. You might be surprised who.
What took you so long?Anybody with two brain cells to bang together knows that Ted Nugent is an idiot. This traitor to America and Mitt Romney surrogate honors his country by calling the president and his administration "vile", "evil", and "America-hating". The Army, whose boss is the Commander-in-Chief Barack Obama, just told Ted Nugent to go eff himself.
Buy us a beer?
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- One big reason the South doesn't think the Confederacy lost is because it didn't really. http://t.co/A79iXWlKLZ about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: BREAKING: JOHN DINGELL TO BE NAMED DEAN OF TWITTER https://t.co/9RIDzB2M1G http://t.co/K06zMYWkoi about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ryanlcooper: Really excellent essay by @yeselson on why there has been no post-2008 left-wing mobilization http://t.co/9Ihsi9Bi7Y about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MIAFLCIO: .@JocelynBenson in @ABetterMI: Supreme Court says voters can rule redistricting — let’s do it http://t.co/ZuBGrq7CDS http://t… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Has the Benghazi committee registered as a Super PAC or does it not need to since taxpayers fund its attack ads? http://t.co/3AD0nxf9ls about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite