What Democrats learned from 2004
Here’s the bad news: While the American economy is still doing better than the most of the industrialized world, it’s still a bummer. You know the private sector is doing quite well compared to the public sector. If the GOP hadn’t forced layoffs of more than 600,000 workers in the public sector, the unemployment rate would be close to 7%. If we’d added a million government jobs as we did during the Reagan era, we would be much better off than that.
However, we’re still in a jobs crisis. 6 out of 10 Americans know this is because of what happened during George W.…
I know it’s hard to believe but Romney voters are out there. The key thing is to not argue with them. Arguing often makes people defend a position they don’t actually have.
So I suggest you just say this:
Well, things are much better off now than they were when Bush left them. 27 months of creating jobs. We’re out of Iraq and bin Laden is gone.
And then I’d add one of these Romney doubt macros:
1. In the last half century, the economy has produced 66 million private sector jobs— 42 million of them under Democratic presidents, 24 million under the Republicans.…
EPIC FAIL: Troy Tea Party Mayor Janice Daniels tries (& fails) to challenge recall petitions on font size
You're kidding me, right?Troy Tea Party mayor Janice Daniels (R-Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs) is facing a recall challenge. What has flown under the radar is that, on June 18th, she challenged the petition signatures gathered for her recall based on -- wait for it -- FONT SIZE! Her challenge was both comical and, thankfully, an epic failure. Details after the jump.
Vaginas Take Back the Capitol: INTERACTIVE PANOS from the event + Download a free vagina (poster/collage)
Signs, signs, everywhere signsThis is a collage of photographs I took during the Vaginas Take Back the Capitol event last week. Click on "Read Full Story" below to see an interactive image of the poster where you can zoom in on the image to see the signs better or download the large file to print.
Abolishing corporate personhood and getting money out of elections is a principle, not an "issue"The national organization/movement Move to Amend is working to amend the U.S. constitution to abolish corporate personhood that gives corporations constitutionally-protected civil liberties and to get money out of elections by ensuring that money is no longer viewed as constitutionally-protected speech. David Cobb is one of the chief spokespersons for the Move to Amend effort and currently on a national speaking tour that stops in Michigan this week. Details about the Michigan leg of David Cobb's trip (including information on his presentation THIS FRIDAY IN ANN ARBOR) and my interview with him after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @reveal: The University of Phoenix was just barred from recruiting on military bases. Here's why: http://t.co/ILRVrFsBA1 about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClinicEscort: CONVENIENT REFERENCE TWEET—8 states have wrapped investigations into alleged PP fetal tissue sales & found nothing. FL GA… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GrahamDavidA: This essay by Justin Sherin/@dick_nixon is more wonderful & moving than I expected, & my expectations were high http://t.… about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MikeGrunwald: You lost 2012 when unemployment was 8%. Trump & Carson are leading your primary. Now this. Are you at least close? https:… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- |￣￣￣￣ | | Sit out | | a few | | elections, | | GOP | |_________ | (\__/) || (•ㅅ•) || / づ about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite