by starting your shopping here. Just click this link!
A successful myth, of course, but a myth nonethelessA study by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities released last week shows that the claim by Republicans that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire on the wealthiest among would harm small businesses is a myth. In fact, only 2.5% of small business owners are in the top two tax rates and only 0.5% of them are millionaires. Ammunition to fight back against these lies after the jump.
Jase Bolger: “Nothing to see here, move along, we have unions to crush, women to deprive of reproductive rights”
I'm sorry we paused in our union-crushing, women's rights ending crusade...Late in the afternoon on Friday when most people were thinking more about their summer weekend ahead and not about state politics, Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger gave the apology version of the Friday afternoon "news dump". In a piece published in the Detroit Free Press and put online at 2:56 p.m., he "apologized". More after the jump.
The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landedIf you're reading this, then all is well and the transfer to the new server has gone smoothly. A big shoutout to my pal Charles Gaba at Brainwrap for his work on this. We're happy to have found a new home that can accommodate our explosive growth. Obviously, along with these growing pains come new expenses. While I don't expect to make a living blogging any time soon (though, of course, that would be the Holy Grail), I'd at least like to break even. You can help with that by making a contribution to Eclectablog. How? Two ways. Details after the jump.
More welfare for Wall Street
The fact that Mitt Romney’s so-called plan to balance the budget includes offering millionaires an average $390,000 tax break should be enough to end any policy debate. But add in the fact that he would pay for wasteful giveaways to the richest Americans is by gutting Medicare and you have to wonder how anyone who isn’t a millionaire might vote for Mitt Romney.
Mitt Romney’s plan to voucherize Medicare raises the eligibility age to 67 and shifts costs to seniors, who will pay far more for health care — $6,600 a year on average. Despite this, Romney’s Medicare plan will still cost taxpayers $39,000,000,000,000 MORE than our current Medicare system because private care is so inefficient.…
Eclectablog is brought to you by ...Happy Saturday. We're glad you stopped by this weekend because we have a request. Would you be willing to support what we do here with a small contribution? It only takes a minute. You can use our easy-peasy Paypal link or mail us a check. Details are after the jump.
GOPocrisy!Michigan Democrat Rep. Barb Byrum who was banned from speaking last month by House Speaker Jase Bolger, called a "child" and described as having thrown a "temper tantrum" and disrupting the decorum of the House of Representatives, posted a great little piece on her Facebook page recently. Check it out after the jump.
See you on the radio
I’ll be joining radio host Roger Taylor on WKZO AM 590 | FM96.5 tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m. We’ll be talking about the travesty and embarrassment that is GOP House Speaker Jase Bolger (unless Roger changes the topic at the last minute like he did last time ;)
You can listen live online HERE.
Also, too, we’ll be making the switch to a new server over the weekend so if things act wonky or you can’t get through for a time, be patient and try, try again. If things get really messed up or you notice anything that’s broken, email me at eclectablog at gmail.…
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- It's a @nytimes Notable Book and essential for anyone who cares about democracy. Give someone "Give Us the Ballot." https://t.co/Een54Qvk8r about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: Trump's biggest advantage? The GOP field is boring, tedious and mostly useless https://t.co/Gz25IcXMdJ about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CecileRichards: Our hearts go out to the families & loved ones of brave law enforcement officers who put themselves in harm's way in #C… about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just want laws that make it harder for disturbed people to get guns and easier for them to get health care. about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DrJaneChi: Um, because PPRM now has to rebuild, and because the rest of us providers now need to consider beefing up security. https://… about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite