Washtenaw County Democratic Party Black Caucus
Washtenaw County Democratic Party
A Community Education Forum:
Private Prisons — “Slavery in the disguise of justice”
Panelist will discuss facts, insights, pros and cons of HB 5174 and the effect these private prison corporations will/are having on our government and its citizens.
A public question and answer session will follow after all the panelists have spoken.
- EMU Prof & Renowned Author Paul Leighton “The Rich get Richer and the Poor get Prison”
- WCC Prof Thornton Perkins, African American History
- EMU Dr. Woods, African American History
- Former State Rep. & Senator Alma Wheeler Smith
- State Rep. Jeff Irwin
- Melanie Harner, Co-founder, Washtenaw Interfaith Coalition for Immigrant Rights “WICIR”
- EMU Political Science Student Layla Garcia-Brown
- Lefiest Galimore, Pres. Village Initiative, & Community Activist
Moderated by: Mike Henry — Chair, Ann Arbor Dems Club
MC by: Roderick Casey — Vice-Chair WCDP Black Caucus
When: Sat. March 23, 2013
Where: Ann Arbor Community Center 625 N. Main St., Ann Arbor, Michigan
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
For more info contact: [email protected]
[CC image credit: Hans | Pixabay]