Last month, I wrote about the selection of John Covington to run a new group in Michigan called Education Achievement Authority (EAA) tasked with helping to work with failing schools. I also wrote that he faked a conflict with his former employer to get out of his contract and could make as much as $1.4 million in four years. Today, we learn that the school district he last ran, the Kansas City School District, has lost its accreditation.
John Convington, new chancellor for failing Michigan schools, faked conflict to break his previous contract
This past week, John Covington was hired by the state of Michigan to oversee a collection of underperforming schools in the state. The new group, the Education Achievement Authority (EAA), will focus its efforts on improving failing schools around Michigan. In his new position, Covington may make as much as $1.5 million
per year over 4 years if he meets goals set for him.
Covington comes to Michigan under a cloud of questions and accusations from the Kansas City school system. A Huffington Post column details a rift between Covington and the president of the Kansas City School Board, Airick West, which Covington to said was the reason he abruptly resigned.…
"best state-based progressive political blog" for Michigan
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Calling everything Obama does "Watergate" doesn't make you look crazy at all, Grandpa. http://t.co/vIyJ38XCgQ about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mrdysgo: Until we restore Glass-Steagall, more big bank bailouts are inevitable http://t.co/ZrwoFvzyiz #p2 about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JoeConason: Very proud this weekend to feature an excerpt from Laurence Leamer's compelling new book http://t.co/aQyqAzEBWv about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I appreciate a right-wing politician who literally smokes crack. Will help more people use "literally" correctly. about 8 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Much of the U.S. economic security support system consists of subsidies for the affluent in the form of tax breaks http://t.co/nYOt0zO5PU about 8 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite