Green jobs ARE good jobsI have written before(HERE and HERE) about former Congressman Mark Schauer's involvement with the BlueGreen Alliance and his role as the national co-chair for their Jobs21! initiative. Mark has graciously agreed to write a guest post about an upcoming conference in Detroit that will focus on building jobs and employment in the green energy sector. Enjoy.
You know you’re in trouble when you’re looking for some of that George W. Bush glow.
— Steve Sanders (@SteveSSanders) January 16, 2012
Mitt Romney received some encouraging news last week. His favorable/unfavorable rating improved to +1, 44/43. That leaves him only 8 percentage points behind George W. Bush is +9 at 51/42. The President is currently at +14, 56/42.
For most of us, George W. Bush was the worst president imaginable until Sarah Palin came along: Hoover x Nixon + Johnson on Vietnam.…
Wait, you don’t get PAID to do this?!
Hello, folks. Today is Day One of the second quarter fundraising drive at Eclectablog. As you probably know, this is not a paying gig for us. We make a little bit of money from advertisements like the one at the top of the page but, aside from that, what we do is done for free.
So, four times a year for a week, we come to you, hat in hand, and ask you to show us some love and drop some folding money into the tip jar. For regular readers, I don’t have to tell you that Eclectablog is literally the best site on the internet for getting Michigan and national political news and commentary from a progressive perspective.…
We're just not that into you. And neither are they.In a true testament to exactly how politically polarized things have gotten in Michigan, former Monroe County Republican Party chair Jeff Andring has filed paperwork to recall Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville. Andring says it's because Richardville isn't conservative enough. [More after the jump.]
We've sunk THIS low???The Michigan Democratic Party has been busy recruiting a candidate to run against Tim Walberg in the 7th District where I live. However, as I reported back in March and others have reported since then, they aren't recruiting Democrats, they are recruiting Joe Schwarz. A Republican. I'm not kidding.
It’s not keeping Palin out of the White House, but that’s close.
Can I share with you the most offensive thing I’ve read since I last accidentally read chyron on the Bill O’Reilly show?
Because Barack Obama has accomplished relatively little? Compared to who FDR? Lincoln? Johnson? Thomas Edison?…
Congressman Sander Levin asks IRS to look into tax filings of right wing “policy house” Mackinac Center for Public Policy
If you're going to take over our state, you at least need to file the paperworkThe Mackinac Center for Public Policy has long been the "policy house" for far-right conservatives in Michigan. Much like the national American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), their purpose in life is to create anti-union, pro-business policy and to assist in getting legislation passed that makes their policy law. In the process they work diligently to shape public dialog and the opinions of lawmakers in pursuit of their goals. This is not a secret. They do it publicly and are brazen in their efforts. Michigan Representative Sander Levin sees what they do as lobbying, which it is. He has proof and is now asking the Internal Revenue Service to look into the tax filings of this non-profit group which claims they do no lobbying. Rep. Levin sent the IRS a letter asking them to investigate...
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- The GOP just tied its fate to Donald Trump and that’s exactly what it deserves http://t.co/PeYYgK3l0l http://t.co/ToKAvv310N about 7 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FlaDems: Florida Governor Refuses to Admit That His Own Investigators Have Cleared Planned Parenthood http://t.co/TbRgSreizQ http://t.c… about 10 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AriBerman: How Reagan's victory over Carter ushered in counterrevolution against civil rights laws http://t.co/6vjLhusoyg @latimesopini… about 19 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I often get the impression that Bobby Jindal doesn't even believe he's speaking for Bobby Jindal. about 34 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NationalMemo: All the jobs lost in the Great Recession have now been recovered and the unemployment rate is at a 7-year low. http://t.c… about 43 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite