This week, the Alabama and New Hampshire Democratic parties filed a complaint (pdf) against the Romney campaign, claiming that he is using lax rules in various states to raise money and then funnel them back to his national campaign.
Yesterday, Borders Books announced that it was going out of business and liquidating its assets. This will put another roughly 11,000 people out of work including many right here in Michigan. It’s a huge loss both in terms of jobs and in terms of having a good bookseller around.
But P.D. Lesko at A2Politico points out, there is at least one person that thinks this is hilarious.
Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger had a good day yesterday. His effort to stamp down the efforts of 26-year old Autumn Smith to force him to face his constituents in a recall vote got a shot in the arm from a willing judge in Calhoun County. Not only that, he got to enjoy his win on Autumn’s birthday.
Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Conrad Sindt ruled today that an injunction in effect since June 22 would remain valid at least until an appeal in the recall process is settled.…
Thanks to my friend Rhoda who sent along this video she made of President Obama. When you have a dude this suave and sharp, you can easily do a seven minute video and never run out of great images. And this doesn’t even include much First Lady eye candy goodness. You could do an hour of her, so far as I’m concerned ; )
The jazz music is Ahmad Jamal.
Somebody (*cough* firebaggers *cough*), somewhere for some reason (*cough* angry *cough*) has marked my blog entries as spam on Facebook. Now when you try to share an Eclectablog, you get this unwanted pop-up:
So, kids, here’s where I need your help. Please share links from Eclectablog on your Facebook page. When you get the pop-up, click the “Let us know” link, and fill out the very short form. The more people that do this, the more quickly it will be resolved.…
Cross-posted at Angry Black Lady Chronicles.
My ranty screed thing the other day about Jane Hamsher (“Why I will never post another word at My.Firedoglake.com”) brought out a series of quite interesting responses. The version at Daily Kos drew almost 1,000 comments and earned me five donuts in the Tip Jar. Apparently it’s okay to call the hundreds of thousands of Obama supporters who are the thin hopey line between the President RomneyPawlentyPaulPalinBachmannCainGingrichPerryMcCotterHuntsmanDuke and the White House the “stupidest motherfuckers in the world”. However, it is decidedly NOT okay to say, “Fuck you, Jane Hamsher”.
One commenter suggested that take my disgust with Hamsher to Redstate.com (I don’t get it either):
This is from our good friends working hard to repeal the anti-democratic Emergency Manager law, P.A. 4 (aka, “the Financial Martial Law Act”.)
Calling All Recall and Repeal Heroes,
500,000 folks will visit Art Fair next week. The Recall Snyder and Repeal PA4 (emergency managers) campaigns are linking arms to make the Ann Arbor Art Fair the biggest petition-signing event of the year. We need your help! Here’s how to be part of history:
1) In addition to the petition booth originally planned for Liberty St, we are expanding to cover many other petition sites surrounding the AF in public areas.…
This scenario was entirely predictable.
Stalled contract negotiations between administrators and employees have school board members discussing the possibility of seeking an emergency manager, which under state law must be appointed by the governor.
Emergency managers have the power to void union contracts, remove administrators and take all control of the district’s actions.
The two sides have until the second week in August to come to terms on a two-year collective bargaining agreement. Union representatives and administrators bargained Tuesday, but Superintendent Mary Kay Gallagher said no progress was made.…
LOLGOP on Twitter
- If Michele Bachmann doesn't get arrested from her last presidential run, she should definitely run in 2016. about 29 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just have John McCain host Meet the Press. That's the only way John McCain won't be a guest. about 31 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SimonMaloy: Closed information loops beget alternate realities. http://t.co/Y3Hvi7cr4m http://t.co/2nqHM8nsAL about 33 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You'll take my health insurance from my dead, cold hand." "That's the plan, dude." about 36 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I guess you have to be a Republican to believe someone would write a law that purposely deprive people of tax credits for health insurance. about 38 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite