This’ll never work…
I don’t generally do Open Threads because there is nothing lamer than an Open Thread with no comments. But, what the hell, I’m not afraid of lame. I embrace lame from time to time.
Here are a few links to get the conversation going:
- Two different Republicans in two different states tried to test how easy it would be to commit voter fraud. Both are now in custody after they were arrested on charges of — you guessed it — voter fraud. It’s always Republicans, isn’t it? Whether it’s committing voter fraud or trying to enact laws to prevent this nearly non-existent (well, except for Republicans) crime, Republicans are the ones who are almost always involved.
- Barack Obama is one of only four presidents to win 50% or more of the national popular vote twice. The other two are Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Reagan. I didn’t even realize ACORN existed back when Roosevelt was running for office.
- In Ohio, Democrats got a majority of the popular vote. Despite this, thanks to gerrymandering by Republicans, Democrats hold only 4 out of 16 Congressional seats. We need a different system for redrawing Congressional districts every ten years, that much is clear.
- Newt Gingrich, a man who gets to bloviate on television talk shows and news programs just about as much as he wants to, is “dumbfounded” that Mitt Romney lost, despite every reputable poll leading up to Election Day predicting it. Guess that means he’ll quit being asked onto Fox News, etc. Heh, heh. Just kidding.
- Ann Coulter, poster child for people who say inflammatory things just to sell books, went to a debate on a college campus and proceeded to argue that women and students should not be allowed to vote. Her argument is that, if women and students hadn’t been allowed to vote, every Republican presidential candidate since 1950 (except Barry Goldwater) would have won. No. Seriously. That’s her argument.
- In 59 of the voting divisions in Philadelphia, Mitt Romney got exactly zero votes. The tally in those 59 divisions was Obama 19,605, Romney zero. Ouch.
- Grover Norquist the Irrelevant says that President Obama got elected because (a) he’s not Mitt Romney and (b) Mitt Romney is a “poopy head”. He actually used the phrase “poopy head” and, no, I’m not kidding.
Your turn. What are you reading and/or talking about?