Curiouser and curiouser…
The destruction of the two Americans for Prosperity tents on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during Tuesday’s anti-Right to Work for Less rally has stirred interest nationally.
Those on the right portray it as a violent upheaval of “union thugs” and “union goons” who acted as predicted: with violence and mayhem and racism and vandalism.
Those on the left have framed it as anti-union conservative groups getting their just desserts for their harmful attacks on working men and women.
The truth, I believe, is that union members at the rally were stoked to a fever pitch by Americans for Prosperity’s huge footprint in the middle of their rally and by intentionally antagonistic Fox News and Breitbart.com operatives who were there to incite reaction and film it.…
Aye, aye, aye...Americans for Prosperity, which lost a couple of tents during the anti-Right to Work for Less rally in Michigan, is seeking "justice" for those tents, gosh darn it. Details after the jump.
What, you think we wouldn't notice?Yesterday, I wrote about how Fox "News" contributor Steven Crowder used Andrew Breitbart-style editing of video from Michigan's anti-Right to Work for Less rally on Tuesday to paint union members the worst way possible. The story has been picked up nationally and, last night, was quoted heavily in a post at the New York Times news blog The Lede. Details after the jump.
Fox News Steven Crowder & Americans for Prosperity use Breitbart-style film editing to show “union thug brutality” (updated)
Here we go again...NOTE: More on this story which has been picked up by the New York Times HERE. And even more HERE. Yesterday, I wrote about how Americans for Prosperity representatives helped knock down their own tent on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during an anti-Right to Work for Less rally there. Subsequent to posting that piece, I was alerted to comments on Reddit by user "mtalna". You can read those comments HERE. What is evident from the comments is that there is a lot of editing that has gone on with the videos Fox News is now running in nearly constant rotation making it look like all of the violence and hostility at the rally yesterday came from union members. As it turns out, significant portions of it were faked and creative Breitbart-style editing helped it along much more. Details after the jump.
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @HenryADecker: If you can't stop being the stupid party, you may as well slash your education budget http://t.co/RK0AMbVR8b http://t.co/… about 39 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @charlessahm: .@JohnAvlon with profound, eloquent, historical piece on Indiana and how easy it is to rationalize one's morals away: http… about 40 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I'm not saying your law is anti-gay, but Republicans from Arkansas think it's a good idea. about 56 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's very important to hear what the guys who let Iran go nuclear and North Korea get the bomb think is a good deal. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @jbarro: "You won the culture war, let us be" really means "You got yours, leave the non-coastal gays to be mistreated." about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite