Tag Archives | Steven Crowder
Curiouser and curiouser...NOTE: Matthew Allen, the 18-year old college student who first brought the selective editing of the original Crowder video to my attention, provided valuable assistance in the preparation of this post. He spent an enormous amount of time pouring over video of the event and I am grateful for his persistence and valuable contribution to this story. The destruction of the two Americans for Prosperity tents on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during Tuesday's anti-Right to Work for Less rally has stirred interest nationally. Those on the right portray it as a violent upheaval of "union thugs" and "union goons" who acted as predicted: with violence and mayhem and racism and vandalism. Those on the left have framed it as anti-union conservative groups getting their just desserts for their harmful attacks on working men and women. My take after the jump.
Aye, aye, aye...Americans for Prosperity, which lost a couple of tents during the anti-Right to Work for Less rally in Michigan, is seeking "justice" for those tents, gosh darn it. Details after the jump.
What, you think we wouldn't notice?Yesterday, I wrote about how Fox "News" contributor Steven Crowder used Andrew Breitbart-style editing of video from Michigan's anti-Right to Work for Less rally on Tuesday to paint union members the worst way possible. The story has been picked up nationally and, last night, was quoted heavily in a post at the New York Times news blog The Lede. Details after the jump.
Fox News Steven Crowder & Americans for Prosperity use Breitbart-style film editing to show “union thug brutality” (updated)
Here we go again...NOTE: More on this story which has been picked up by the New York Times HERE. And even more HERE. Yesterday, I wrote about how Americans for Prosperity representatives helped knock down their own tent on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during an anti-Right to Work for Less rally there. Subsequent to posting that piece, I was alerted to comments on Reddit by user "mtalna". You can read those comments HERE. What is evident from the comments is that there is a lot of editing that has gone on with the videos Fox News is now running in nearly constant rotation making it look like all of the violence and hostility at the rally yesterday came from union members. As it turns out, significant portions of it were faked and creative Breitbart-style editing helped it along much more. Details after the jump.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @scATX: Greg Abbott is now explaining how we should talk to victims of rape and incest before denying them reproductive freedom #TexasDe… about 10 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Politics_PR: If you live in these states, you’d better register to vote soon http://t.co/sn4w1Z5ARY http://t.co/JLHLH8KFD0 via @voxdotc… about 10 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keep watching the part in the third debate when Romney predicted Ebola, the Jonas Brothers breaking up and the gun in the elevator thing. about 10 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gas prices, the deficit and White House intruders. All things no one talks about when they're going down. about 10 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TPM: GOP Senate nominee Cory Gardner denies Personhood bill he co-sponsors actually exists http://t.co/GbNd0FrLns http://t.co/WtqIGq95Eb about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.