Americans for Prosperity hosts fake grassroots rally with Sarah Palin, pretends to be “non-political” – PHOTOS
So much anger, so much hate, so much astroturfYesterday, Americans For Prosperity held a fake grassroots rally in Belleville, Michigan near the Detroit Metro Airport. Around 400-500 tea party supporters and Sarah Palin fanatics showed up to bake in the hot sun to witness an event, dubbed "Kochstock" by LOLGOP, bought and paid for by the conservative group that bills itself as a non-political 501(c)(4) nonprofit group. This nonprofit status allows them to hide their donors and to sponsor these types of events around the country as long as they don't support a candidate. The result was a several-hour long anti-Obama, anti-Democrat hatefest where not a single Republican candidate got mentioned.
After my Twitter exchange with some fierce anti-gun control zealots earlier this week, in addition to being called a “freedom-hating communist”, I was also accused yet again of being a Nazi:
@Dagny_Galt, I see that @Eclectablog is a brown-shirt…openly states he’s an #OFA community organizer…Sad, just sad. #NRA #guncontrol
This is not the first time an OFA volunteer has been called a brown shirt, nor will it be the last. I wrote extensively about this last year in a blog called MI House candidate: “OFA is the equiv. of the brown shirts”.
I also posted the Wikipedia description of the brown shirts (aka, “Sturmabteilung” or SA.):
Honestly, I’m starting to get a twitch in the corner of my eye and a weird little nervous tic has developed. Watching the contortions of conservatives, particularly teabaggers and the worst of the worst Republicans (I’m lookin’ at YOU, John Boehner) is starting to push me to the brink.
Screw you guys. Maybe WE should “Go Galt”.
These supposed “strict Constitutionalists” (honestly, some of the worst teabagger candidates run under the banner of “The Constitution Party”), the ones who carry signs demanding that Constitutional lawyer and President Barack Obama stop wiping his ass with the Constitution, can’t even hold a meme like that together for more than a few weeks.…
Dave Franklin is running for the Michigan House of Representatives seat in Michigan’s 54th district, a seat currently held by Michigan gubernatorial candidate Alma Wheeler Smith. Dave Franklin hates him some government. And Dave Franklin especially hates him some Democratic Party grassroots organizers.
Yesterday, on the Facebook page for a Tea Party protest on the campus of the University of Michigan, I refuted the accusation of one commenter that Organizing for America is an “astroturf” organization (since they are part of a political party and not secretly funded by corporate backers.) Here is his response:
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @ThePlumLineGS: .@nytimes pretends GOP has contingency plans for Ocare post-SCOTUS: http://t.co/gOEjt0FdzZ But it's all BS: http://t.co/… about 56 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ritholtz: Today in 1926: Alan Greenspan, future chairman of Federal Reserve, & co-creator of Great financial crisis of 2008-09, is born… about 58 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheRReport: 5 Ways Democratic Presidents Kick Republican Butt http://t.co/wSG85ohdtV about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: "I didn't leave the Republican Party; the Republican Party left Reagan" by Alex P. Keaton (via @LOLGOP) http://t.co/f0YnW3… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AriBerman: 50 yrs ago today MLK & LBJ discuss voting rights at White House. DOJ finishes draft of voting rights bill #Selma50 http://t.… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite