Americans for Prosperity hosts fake grassroots rally with Sarah Palin, pretends to be “non-political” – PHOTOS
So much anger, so much hate, so much astroturfYesterday, Americans For Prosperity held a fake grassroots rally in Belleville, Michigan near the Detroit Metro Airport. Around 400-500 tea party supporters and Sarah Palin fanatics showed up to bake in the hot sun to witness an event, dubbed "Kochstock" by LOLGOP, bought and paid for by the conservative group that bills itself as a non-political 501(c)(4) nonprofit group. This nonprofit status allows them to hide their donors and to sponsor these types of events around the country as long as they don't support a candidate. The result was a several-hour long anti-Obama, anti-Democrat hatefest where not a single Republican candidate got mentioned.
After my Twitter exchange with some fierce anti-gun control zealots earlier this week, in addition to being called a “freedom-hating communist”, I was also accused yet again of being a Nazi:
@Dagny_Galt, I see that @Eclectablog is a brown-shirt…openly states he’s an #OFA community organizer…Sad, just sad. #NRA #guncontrol
This is not the first time an OFA volunteer has been called a brown shirt, nor will it be the last. I wrote extensively about this last year in a blog called MI House candidate: “OFA is the equiv. of the brown shirts”.
I also posted the Wikipedia description of the brown shirts (aka, “Sturmabteilung” or SA.):
Honestly, I’m starting to get a twitch in the corner of my eye and a weird little nervous tic has developed. Watching the contortions of conservatives, particularly teabaggers and the worst of the worst Republicans (I’m lookin’ at YOU, John Boehner) is starting to push me to the brink.
Screw you guys. Maybe WE should “Go Galt”.
These supposed “strict Constitutionalists” (honestly, some of the worst teabagger candidates run under the banner of “The Constitution Party”), the ones who carry signs demanding that Constitutional lawyer and President Barack Obama stop wiping his ass with the Constitution, can’t even hold a meme like that together for more than a few weeks.…
Dave Franklin is running for the Michigan House of Representatives seat in Michigan’s 54th district, a seat currently held by Michigan gubernatorial candidate Alma Wheeler Smith. Dave Franklin hates him some government. And Dave Franklin especially hates him some Democratic Party grassroots organizers.
Yesterday, on the Facebook page for a Tea Party protest on the campus of the University of Michigan, I refuted the accusation of one commenter that Organizing for America is an “astroturf” organization (since they are part of a political party and not secretly funded by corporate backers.) Here is his response:
Buy us a beer?
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @Eclectablog: #Obamacare may already be saving 19,000 American lives each year (by @LOLGOP) http://t.co/dvffPvSb5n about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @craigjcalhoun: US civil rights march sets out from historic Selma - because 50 years haven't brought the progress they should have. ht… about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Good idea. Where's the hundreds of billions we fronted you for your carbon pollution? https://t.co/MZhYXxdHOF about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AngryBlackLady: Mitch McConnell is literally spearheading an effort to defund Planned Parenthood based on practices he approved over 20… about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Republicans fear that they admit Obama is a Christian it's a slippery slope that could lead to them accepting he's actually president. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite