UDPATED: Michigan Republicans stealing bills introduced by Democrats to deny them legislative victories
The real Shady Willard
A few weeks ago, I asked you to call Mitt Romney a liar.
I’m not the only one obsessed with Mitt’s lying, of course. Fine minds including Steve Benen, Greg Sargent, Jonathan Chait and Jamelle Bouie have all been struggling with Mitt’s disturbing willingness to dissemble and the media’s even more disturbing unwillingness to call him on his lies.
It seems clear now. Mitt isn’t going to stop lying. Why?
Mitt would rather be seen as a liar than be seen as what he is: a con man willing to take any position he needs to take to win.…
When Mitt lies, Atlas shrugs
You know the GOP’s favorite Karl Rove tactic: Take an opponent’s strength and make it his weakness.
This is how Vietnam evader George W. Bush beat war hero John Kerry. This is why Sarah Palin, who was vetted as well as a pair of shoes purchased online, says President Obama wasn’t properly vetted. This blurs reality and leaves the press reporting the distortion at a higher volume than the truth.
Now to the strange case of Mitt Romney. His greatest weakness is his inconsistency, his willingness to adapt to whatever Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson believe at any given moment.…
Senator John Kyl is a liar. This has now been established.
Last Friday he said this on the Senate floor:
Sounds great conservatives, I’m sure. Problem is that it’s a complete lie. Abortions account for only about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does.
When Kyl got called on his blatant lying, his staff issued the following statement:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @JoeConason: When will @LindseyGrahamSC, @SenJohnMcCain, @KellyAyotte apologize to @AmbassadorRice? They look craven (again). http://t.… about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @leclemot: Constitutionality of Michigan’s anti-democratic Emergency Manager law headed to federal court http://t.co/ftgFCfp0bl about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- FWIW: Deficit cutting in low-inflation job crisis is ridiculous. I just want to compare Ryan's plan to gut government to what happened. about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Now that Republicans have the answers about Benghazi, they won't rest until they have new questions. about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @squarelyrooted: Will Republicans impeach Biden, too? about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite