UDPATED: Michigan Republicans stealing bills introduced by Democrats to deny them legislative victories
The real Shady Willard
A few weeks ago, I asked you to call Mitt Romney a liar.
I’m not the only one obsessed with Mitt’s lying, of course. Fine minds including Steve Benen, Greg Sargent, Jonathan Chait and Jamelle Bouie have all been struggling with Mitt’s disturbing willingness to dissemble and the media’s even more disturbing unwillingness to call him on his lies.
It seems clear now. Mitt isn’t going to stop lying. Why?
Mitt would rather be seen as a liar than be seen as what he is: a con man willing to take any position he needs to take to win.…
When Mitt lies, Atlas shrugs
You know the GOP’s favorite Karl Rove tactic: Take an opponent’s strength and make it his weakness.
This is how Vietnam evader George W. Bush beat war hero John Kerry. This is why Sarah Palin, who was vetted as well as a pair of shoes purchased online, says President Obama wasn’t properly vetted. This blurs reality and leaves the press reporting the distortion at a higher volume than the truth.
Now to the strange case of Mitt Romney. His greatest weakness is his inconsistency, his willingness to adapt to whatever Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson believe at any given moment.…
Senator John Kyl is a liar. This has now been established.
Last Friday he said this on the Senate floor:
Sounds great conservatives, I’m sure. Problem is that it’s a complete lie. Abortions account for only about 3% of what Planned Parenthood does.
When Kyl got called on his blatant lying, his staff issued the following statement:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @grist: If you're not in NYC for the #PeoplesClimateMarch, follow the @democracynow livestream: http://t.co/UkdWOunDnU #PCM about 6 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @jeffspross: Wish I'd read @drgrist's unplugging retrospective before I finished my urban farms article. http://t.co/i50Kz1mFAp http://t… about 11 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What's the compromise who are willing to destroy our climate? Okay, we'll only destroy half the climate? 49%? http://t.co/00ziYuQSEt about 13 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NeinQuarterly: #PeoplesClimate: My kind of march. @Peoples_Climate http://t.co/3CVaEMGAxl about 14 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When it comes to climate change, compromise isn’t possible — someone has to win http://t.co/00ziYuQSEt about 17 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite