Federal study of energy & water issues is 8 years late – please sign the petition to move it forward NOW!
We can't wait...President Obama is smart enough to know that we can dramatically lower our dependence on foreign fossil fuels through energy efficiency and conservation. Yesterday, he signed an Executive Order intended to further that process by accelerating investments in industrial energy efficiency. "Today, we are taking another step to strengthen American manufacturing by boosting energy efficiency for businesses across the nation,” said President Obama. “This action will cut costs, increase efficiency, and help our businesses create strong, middle class jobs. We’ll continue to do everything we can to put more people back to work and build an economy that lasts." Click through for details.
Mitt Romney, Master of the
Mitt Romney believes that, between him and President Obama, only one of them knows one Very Important Fact:
Energy costs are important to businesses.
No, no. I'm serious.
[Proof after the jump.]
In a rare act of bipartisanship, both the House and Senate recently passed H.R. 2845, the “Pipeline Safety, Regulatory Certainty, and Job Creation Act of 2011.
According to the White House, “this bill doubles the maximum civil penalties for violations of Federal pipeline safety laws, authorizes the Transportation Department to issue various regulations related to leak prevention and detection’ and reauthorizes various programs of the Department’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.” Yesterday, President Obama signed H.R. 2845 into law.
While the rest of the world laughs at the United States for even entertaining the idea that a person like Newt Gingrich is qualified to be president, he raises the level of his stupidity and pandering insipidity to eleven:
Gingrich: She is certainly one of the people you would look at. I am a great admirer of hers and she was a remarkable reform governor of Alaska, she’s somebody who I think brings a great deal to the possibility of helping in government and that would be one of the possibilities.…
I have been following the plans by Wolverine Power to build a new coal-fired power plant in Rogers City, Michigan pretty closely. In May of last year, I blogged about the denial of their permit by the Granholm administration. Then, in April this year, I wrote about how the zombie power plant had risen from the dead.
Today, the zombie became fully alive. Here’s the email that just hit my inbox:
On June 29, 2011, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) approved the Wolverine Power Supply Cooperative, Inc. Permit to Install application for the installation of two 300-megawatt circulating fluidized bed solid fuel-fired boilers and associated equipment in Rogers City, Michigan.…
In May of last year, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment (MDNRE) denied a permit for the Wolverine Power Supply Cooperative, Inc. to build a new coal-fired power plant in Rogers City, Michigan.
Celebrated as a WIN for environmentalists fighting climate-changing greenhouse gas emissions and for those pushing for Michigan to adopt cleaner energy sources, the celebration has now been cut off. Last August, Wolverine Power sued the State over the denial.
The fight against carbon-spewing power plants in Michigan was dealt a blow when, in February, a Circuit Court judge remanded the permit denial back to the DNRE for further consideration.…
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @sarahposner: Book Review: ‘American Apocalypse’ http://t.co/oGwotZobDV via @nationalmemo about 22 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @thehill: Sen. @MarkUdall is one of the NSA's harshest critics. So why haven't its opponents donated more to him? http://t.co/MJuKBU7vHY… about 37 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Has anyone ever done a study about what would have happened to seniors who retired in 2008 if Bush had privatized SS? http://t.co/6GdGGX21Zd about 41 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Nate_Cohn: A three point Nunn lead = a real shot to win outright. about 45 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ThePlumLineGS: In response to Scott Brown's Ebola nonsense, Jeanne Shaheen dares to suggest we "listen to experts": http://t.co/GY4piup… about 48 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite