Fox News Steven Crowder & Americans for Prosperity use Breitbart-style film editing to show “union thug brutality” (updated)
Here we go again...NOTE: More on this story which has been picked up by the New York Times HERE. And even more HERE. Yesterday, I wrote about how Americans for Prosperity representatives helped knock down their own tent on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during an anti-Right to Work for Less rally there. Subsequent to posting that piece, I was alerted to comments on Reddit by user "mtalna". You can read those comments HERE. What is evident from the comments is that there is a lot of editing that has gone on with the videos Fox News is now running in nearly constant rotation making it look like all of the violence and hostility at the rally yesterday came from union members. As it turns out, significant portions of it were faked and creative Breitbart-style editing helped it along much more. Details after the jump.
The Los Angeles coroner’s office has confirmed that Andrew Breitbart has died. A post on his website BigGovernment.com says that he died unexpectedly “of natural causes” at the age of 43 just after midnight in Los Angeles. Oddly, he was tweeting between 11 p.m. and midnight Los Angeles time last night.
He is survived by his wife Susie and four children.
The image to the right is one of the last ones taken of Breitbart when I photographed him at the Americans for Prosperity forum in Troy, Michigan last Saturday.
UPDATE: Breitbart apparently collapsed while going for a walk:
EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Andrew Breitbart says Occupy has a ‘culture of rape’ and ACORN is paying ‘unsafe people’ to occupy
Andrew Breitbart is the Andrew Breitbart of the tea party movement
On Saturday, February 25th, LOLGOP and I attended the Americans for Prosperity forum in Troy, Michigan (home of homophobic tea party mayor Janice Daniels.) We obtained press passes and proceeded to livetweet and liveblog the event. (My liveblog, done entirely on my iPhone, is here: LIVEBLOG: Americans for Prosperity forum in Troy, Michigan 2/25/12.)
For the most part, the people at the AFP forum were very nice to us. Perhaps it’s because we had a “Media” badges on but, more than likely, it was despite that, given the sneering way “the media” was treated by speakers such as Andrew Breitbart and Michelle Malkin.…
Bring on the conservatives!
LOLGOP and I are liveblogging and live tweeting the Americans for Prosperity forum in Troy, Michigan today. Be sure to check out his Twitter feed as well as checking back here throughout the day.
On tap today: GOP front runners Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, former candidate Herman Cain, Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart, conservative radio show host Frank Beckmann and AFP Michigan Director Scott Hagerstrom. Invitees Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, and President Barack Obama declined.
1,200 tickets were sold to the event and it is sold out. You’ll be able to watch Rick Santorum’s speech live on C-Span.…
Andrew Breitbart has his conservative panties all in a twist. It turns out — get this, you won’t even believe it — some LIBBER-UHL on Salon.com posted something nasty and inappropriate about (you are not going to believe this) [whispers]Sarah Palin[/whispers].
Can you believe it? It’s horrible:
Vick gets a pet to torture and we get rid of Palin.…
Buy us a beer?
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @JoshDorner: MUST READ: @CecileRichards in the @washingtonpost: These extremist videos are nothing short of an attack on women https://t… about 33 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "So you Americans have another Bush running?" "Don't worry. He's losing to a guy who was fired by a few corporations for racist comments." about 37 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GOP Maybe take an election or two off. https://t.co/znDKK3eZiS about 41 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Conservatives shocked to learn that guys who think "Social Justice Warrior" is a putdown may have some issues. http://t.co/DFpofNIYIN about 46 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just trademarked Sad Trumpbone. https://t.co/1aTACXGbWB https://t.co/6BQsZcrVNS about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite