GoosebumpsOne of the really cool things that they have at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan, is the bus on which Rosa Parks took her famous stand. Or sit, rather. Yesterday, President Barack Obama, another African American to break down barriers and make history, sat on that same bus and was photographed by White House photographer Pete Souza. [Photo after the jump.]
Romney surrogate Ted Nugent hates America
I’ve written about Ted Nugent before (“Ted Nugent: This is what happens when an idiot-clown gets the megaphone“) partly because he’s from Michigan and used to live near my hometown of Jackson.
Ted Nugent is an American traitor.
This week at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention, Nugent said “our government is wiping its ass with the Constitution”, that four Supreme Court justices “don’t believe in the Constitution”, called our government “vile, evil, [and] America-hating “, and said President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton are all “criminals”.…
Fired up and ready to go in Michigan!Here are some photos and video from yesterday's Obama campaign stop at the beautiful Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan. I don't have much to say other than it was a spectacular venue, an energized president, and an even more energized crowd. As you look at the video and images, notice how diverse the crowd is. It's one of the hallmark's of President Obama's supporters, in my opinion. All photos by Anne C. Savage, used with permission. You can view more of her photos from the event HERE.
You can't haz tax returnzThe Democratic Party sent out this fun tweet yesterday: As Steve Benen at Maddow Blog points out, Romney's latest evasive maneuver...
You ain’t from around here is you, boy?
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker had quite a day yesterday. First, he was greeted by upwards of 2,000 protesters at an speech for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce. Then, when he got to Michigan, he was greeted by a crowd estimated to be anywhere from 1,300 to nearly 3,000.
The Republican governor is trying to hold onto his job in the aftermath of his successful efforts to curb collective bargaining rights for public employees in Wisconsin.…
Won’t someone think of the bombers? Nevermind. Someone did.
When the deficit cutting committee failed to reach agreement last year, it set in motion a series of automatic budget cuts which included some military cuts. This, of course, is an anathema to the Republicans so they have been scrambling like crazy to find a way to trim the budget to avoid cuts to military spending.
They have prevailed. They will be cutting benefits to food stamp recipients.
This is based on the belief, recently spelled out by Paul Ryan, that things like food stamps “transform our social safety net into a hammock, which lulls able-bodied people into lives of complacency and dependency.”
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @reveal: The University of Phoenix was just barred from recruiting on military bases. Here's why: http://t.co/ILRVrFsBA1 about 3 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClinicEscort: CONVENIENT REFERENCE TWEET—8 states have wrapped investigations into alleged PP fetal tissue sales & found nothing. FL GA… about 8 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GrahamDavidA: This essay by Justin Sherin/@dick_nixon is more wonderful & moving than I expected, & my expectations were high http://t.… about 14 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MikeGrunwald: You lost 2012 when unemployment was 8%. Trump & Carson are leading your primary. Now this. Are you at least close? https:… about 31 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- |￣￣￣￣ | | Sit out | | a few | | elections, | | GOP | |_________ | (\__/) || (•ㅅ•) || / づ about 35 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite