As I have written about in the past, Emergency Manager Joe Harris by-passed the normal process simply decreed that seven proposals be placed on the ballot for last Tuesday’s elections. These proposals would have altered the Benton Harbor city charter to reduce the number of City Commissioners and eliminated the ward system. In addition to the three I previously wrote about, he also included proposals to shift the responsibility for interactions with Department of Finance and Law from the City Commission to the City Manager, allow the City Manager to hire and fire the City Clerk , City Attorney, City Assessor, and City Treasurer.…
The pooch’s plight has also prompted several people to claim ownership and a national animal rights group to get involved.
A hearing is scheduled for Nov.…
Na na na na. Na na na na. Hey, hey, hey. Goooo-ooood-bye.
These are easily 52 of the most painful seconds in politics I have ever witnessed. I detest Rick Perry and I still felt sorry for the guy. My twitter feed was full of “OMG” and “Oh, dude…” comments for a solid 2 minutes when this happened.
Mr. Drillheredrillnowdomesticenergyrightunderourfeet couldn’t remember that he wants to eliminate the federal Department of Energy.
I guess I should feel sorta happy that I was there to witness the end of the Perry campaign on national television. The fact that it happened here in Michigan is a deliciously sweet cherry on top of an otherwise delicious political moment.…
This is a worthy question for Michiganders to be asking tonight as we host the clown show that is the Republican primary debate in our fair state: “What if Mitt Romney had been President in 2009?”
In fact, when the U.S.…
This is becoming a daily thing for Michiganders.
On the heels of an announcement yesterday by the Governor’s office that Flint may soon be put under the control of an Emergency Manager, today it was announced that Inkster may also receive an Emergency Manager, as well.
Treasury spokesman Terry Stanton says the city is having trouble solving a multi-million dollar deficit.
The screenshot below tells you pretty much everything you need to know about Herman Cain’s supporters and why he is actually doing pretty well in the polls and with fundraising right now.
The screenshot is from his PAC. The title of the post is “Herman Cain Accuser Karen Kraushaar works for Obama and she’s ugly”
The comment with the photo of Kraushaar says “Ew, gross! Who the hell does this ugly b1tch think she’s fooling? Just to be clear, Karen Kraushaar is the one on the left.”
Get it? She’s an “ugly bitch” so there’s no way Cain would have ever hit on her.…
President Obama is on a tear lately. Under the banner “We Can’t Wait”, he is using Executive Orders to accomplish things that Congress is unable or unwilling to do themselves. The latest salvo is cutting government waste.
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @ThePlumLineGS: HappyHour! http://t.co/eoRReYEudp @ryanlcooper @fstonenyt @rickhasen @CatawbaPolitics @mtomasky @sahilkapur @stevebenen … about 19 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MarkSchauer: .@eclectablog - Taxes: Whose side is Snyder on? http://t.co/Tcqca0coVX about 31 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The weather is terrible here. Can we just email kids 8,500 calories? about 32 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DanaHoule: Are Repubs really saying Brown was right, Sullivan Co is north of Concord? Please, go w that. It’s like saying north of Memp… about 41 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BrownTruckTour: Beautiful Mt Sunapee resort in #SullivanCounty! [ed. note - it's in Merrimack County] #nhpolitics http://t.co/WeDEDf3WgG about 41 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite