The Michigan Liquor Control Commission refused to grant Flying Dog a license to sell Raging Bitch in Michigan and, in March of this year, Flying Dog filed suit, citing a violation of their 1st Amendment rights.…
Unintended consequences: “Raging Bitch” beer to be sold in MI thanks to SCOTUS ruling on data mining/marketing
This isn’t news to me.
#1. Sleeping Bear Dunes
National Lakeshore, Lake Michigan, Michigan
Here you will find some of the most spectacular coastal dunes in the world — I especially liked trekking up the huge dune on the north end of this expansive park. There are a variety of beaches with fine to grainy sand and clean, clear water. Children often play and look for Petoskey stones (beautiful pebbles of fossilized coral) in the small, shallow creeks that drain into Lake Michigan, where the water is warmer than the lake.
Dr. Beach is a guy who rates beaches around the world.…
Really? Is one-quarter of the U.S. population this stupid?
Hell, in the South, a third of the people didn’t know that it was Great Britain.…
Hesemann is a developer deeply involved in the Harbor Shores real estate development. One of the partners in this development is Whirlpool, the multinational appliance company that dominates much of what happens in Benton Harbor. He was also instrumental in bringing in Jack Nicklaus to design their golf course.
Nicklaus got involved when he heard the story of the revitalization effort of Benton Harbor through Mark Hesemann, managing director of Harbor Shores and colleague of Nicklaus.…
Well, this is inneresting:
Mike Allen following Eclectablog? He must want to know what’s going on in Michigan. I mean it’s not like the Detroit Free Press or the Detroit News are giving the left’s fight against Republican overreach a fair shake, are they? Allen’s not going to pick up news about, say, a 6,000+ person union rally on the steps of the Michigan Capitol building from them, eh? Or about the Pontiac Emergency Manager outsourcing the city’s water treatment to a company facing federal indictment on 26 felony counts for violations of the Clean Water Act. And he’s certainly not going to read about the GOP House Speaker spending oodles of dollars to fight his recall through frivolous lawsuits in our state’s two biggest newspapers, right?…
I’m a big fan of Clean Water Action and our Michigan team is rock solid. What is Clean Water Action all about? This is what they are all about:
If you are in the Ann Arbor area, they have some events coming up that I thought I’d share with you.…
The Livonia Republican, now in his fifth term in the U.S. House, has been publicly mulling a run for the nation’s top office for more than a month after being prodded into considering it by Greg Gutfeld, the late-night host of Fox News Channel’s “Red Eye,” just weeks after the release of McCotter’s book, “Seize Freedom!”
McCotter plans to file paperwork today with the Federal Election Commission, and his website, www.mccotter2012.com, is planned to be up and running today.…
It’s been a really tough week in Michigan, but yesterday was the worst day.
The Republicans in our state legislature passed a package of four bills designed to strip away significant rights from unionized teachers. Two of them, H.B. 4626 and 4628, were particularly egregious.
Under House Bill 4628, public employees will lose the right to collectively bargain many critical topics, including evaluation, job placement, merit pay, and more.
The changes are the most sweeping revisions to the state’s Public Employment Relations Act since 1994, when lawmakers and then-Gov.…
LOLGOP on Twitter
- If Obamacare were designed to deprive middle class voters in red states tax credits, why aren't Republicans pissed? http://t.co/8sltSgGu2I about 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Latinos have voted for Obama twice and he'll never be on the ballot again. How could this outreach approach go wrong? http://t.co/hwIpFXMYEf about 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: LAST DAY, 3rd Quarter @Eclectablog fundraiser – 5 million visitors and growing http://t.co/vxP6GNW6U0 about 8 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "I'm not a feminist!" is the only thing that women would be allowed to say in public if not for feminists. about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AlanIAbramowitz: YouGov poll has Peters leading Land 67-21 among African-American voters in MI. He'll beat her by at least 90-10. about 10 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite