by starting your shopping here. Just click this link!
A fool and his money...How does this make sense? Aetna Insurance company inadvertently revealed that it has donated $10 million to two groups, the US Chamber of Commerce and the American Action Network in 2011. Both groups are actively fighting the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare".) But the insurance industry LOVES the ACA? Why? Because the individual mandate part of it ensures them a giant pool of money. Oops.
It's all fine until it happens to youAs Republicans across the country move toward privatizing absolutely everything that isn't nailed down, one Republican Township Supervisor in Michigan is decidedly NOT happy about the privatization of a prison in his municipality. Details after the jump.
Oh, grow up.Michigan House Representative Lisa Brown was banned from speaking on the floor of the state House today. Why? Because Michigan Republicans are afraid of vaginas. The the terrifying and unconscionable act of verbal vaginaism that got her banned after the jump (video and SO much more.)
Kids will be kids...As wrote about earlier today, the third graders that are in charge of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign used the time-honored and highly professional campaign tactic of driving around their opponent's campaign rally honking the horn on their bus. My wife, Anne, caught up with their bus parked strategically under an incredibly ironic billboard. Photo after the jump.
UPDATED: Ct. of Appeals rejects special panel on Emergency Manager law repeal petitions – referendum WILL be on the ballot
Information is just coming out but various news sources are reporting that the Michigan Court of Appeals has declined to convene a special 7-member panel to review the correctness of a 30-year old decision regarding “substantial compliance” of referendum petitions.
Because of this, for now at least, the referendum to repeal Public Act 4, the Emergency Manager law, WILL on the November ballot.
I suspect that those who benefit most from keeping the law on the books will appeal to the state supreme court and ask that they put a stay on the decision until a ruling is made. However, this is a huge victory and, hopefully, shows that our Michigan judiciary is not entirely a tool of the Republican party.…
Stop it. Adults are trying to run for president.Late last month, Mitt Romney sent staffers to disrupt an Obama campaign event where David Axelrod appeared and had them shout, scream, and (I'm not kidding about this) blow bubbles to interrupt Axelrod's speech. Today, they are at it again.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Pro-life, except in the cases of someone doing something I disagree with. about 39 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DemFromCT: GOP thinks they can get away with this past the primaries. We will see. https://t.co/TM57VeZVNl https://t.co/G0wj6zwebN about 40 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @randomsubu: Good post. Below 30k income/single, any insurance is cheaper than penalty. Higher? Health insurance is a latte a day https:… about 47 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Most of America freaks out at the slightest hint of the constant terror the people who provide basic reproductive health care live with. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Republicans are just looking for a candidate who combines a refusal to apologize with a passion for doing things that demand apologies. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite