Last week I posted a piece called “Why I will never post another word at My.Firedoglake.com“. It was posted here at my own blog as well as at Angry Black Lady Chronicles and at Daily Kos. The next day I got a nastygram from the editor of the My.FDL site (a public site like Daily Kos where anyone can post diaries.) As I reported in my follow-up piece (“Liberal rule #1: Thou shall not cross Jane Hamsher“), they were none too happy and basically threatened me with FDL retribution.
After he lost his bid for the Republican nomination for Governor in Michigan in 2010, we didn’t hear a great deal from Pete Hoekstra until, in April of this year, he sent out a press release saying he was NOT going to run for Debbie Stabenow’s Senate seat.
This week, the Alabama and New Hampshire Democratic parties filed a complaint (pdf) against the Romney campaign, claiming that he is using lax rules in various states to raise money and then funnel them back to his national campaign.
Yesterday, Borders Books announced that it was going out of business and liquidating its assets. This will put another roughly 11,000 people out of work including many right here in Michigan. It’s a huge loss both in terms of jobs and in terms of having a good bookseller around.
But P.D. Lesko at A2Politico points out, there is at least one person that thinks this is hilarious.
Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger had a good day yesterday. His effort to stamp down the efforts of 26-year old Autumn Smith to force him to face his constituents in a recall vote got a shot in the arm from a willing judge in Calhoun County. Not only that, he got to enjoy his win on Autumn’s birthday.
Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Conrad Sindt ruled today that an injunction in effect since June 22 would remain valid at least until an appeal in the recall process is settled.…
Thanks to my friend Rhoda who sent along this video she made of President Obama. When you have a dude this suave and sharp, you can easily do a seven minute video and never run out of great images. And this doesn’t even include much First Lady eye candy goodness. You could do an hour of her, so far as I’m concerned ; )
The jazz music is Ahmad Jamal.
Somebody (*cough* firebaggers *cough*), somewhere for some reason (*cough* angry *cough*) has marked my blog entries as spam on Facebook. Now when you try to share an Eclectablog, you get this unwanted pop-up:
So, kids, here’s where I need your help. Please share links from Eclectablog on your Facebook page. When you get the pop-up, click the “Let us know” link, and fill out the very short form. The more people that do this, the more quickly it will be resolved.…
Cross-posted at Angry Black Lady Chronicles.
My ranty screed thing the other day about Jane Hamsher (“Why I will never post another word at My.Firedoglake.com”) brought out a series of quite interesting responses. The version at Daily Kos drew almost 1,000 comments and earned me five donuts in the Tip Jar. Apparently it’s okay to call the hundreds of thousands of Obama supporters who are the thin hopey line between the President RomneyPawlentyPaulPalinBachmannCainGingrichPerryMcCotterHuntsmanDuke and the White House the “stupidest motherfuckers in the world”. However, it is decidedly NOT okay to say, “Fuck you, Jane Hamsher”.
One commenter suggested that take my disgust with Hamsher to Redstate.com (I don’t get it either):
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @PaulBegala: I hope the 75th time's the charm. @SenWhitehouse gives his 75th "Time to Wake Up" speech on climate change. (1/2) http://t… about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Jesus didn't want government to have Christian values when it came to charity, just when it comes to banning private parts stuff. #tcot about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MikeGrunwald: Oh, look, the pathetic bankster sellout Wall Street reforms are reforming Wall Street. http://t.co/izf6fOOAN6 via @rortyb… about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: Day 3: 3rd Quarter Fundraiser - We work for you so you're in the know (by @alswrite) http://t.co/xMsuDGKL1D about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Ryan Budget is so toxic that even Paul Ryan is running against it. http://t.co/ZZ39uJipmI about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite