Oh, how subtle...Following up on a story I wrote about yesterday ("'Democrat' Roy Schmidt pulls ultimate dick move, jumps to GOP too late for another Dem to run"), we now learn there is much more to this story and House Speaker Jase Bolger is implicated.
Thank you, may I have another?Earlier this month, OFA deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter released a video in which she calls the lies of President Obama's opponents "BS". This week, she did it again. [Video after the jump.]
Court of Appeals to rule on Emergency Manager petitions soon — without all the information they need
How long are we going to put up with this?Yesterday in Detroit, the three Republican judges on the Michigan Court of Appeals heard testimony regarding the font-size challenge to the petitions gathered to put the repeal of Public Act 4 -- the Emergency Manager Law -- on the November ballot. As I wrote about the other day, they did so without complete information because expert analysis of the font used on the petitions -- analysis requested by the Michigan Director of State Elections -- was not included in the overview given to the Board of State Canvassers before they made their decision on April 26. Laura Conaway at The Maddow Blog spoke with the expert, Assistant Professor Chris Corneal of the Graphic Design in the Department of Art, Art History and Design at Michigan State University. Here's what he had to say:
There are dick moves and then there are DICK MOVES. This is the latter.
NOTE: this post has been updated HERE.
It’s not often you see an elected official act like this much of an asshole and to do it such a dickish and public way.
Ten minutes before the filing deadline to run for the Michigan House of Representatives on Tuesday, Rep. Roy Schmidt, a “Democrat” from the 76th District in Grand Rapids, switched parties and decided to run as a Republican. This gave the Democratic party no candidate in a very tough district for Democrats after last year’s redistricting.…
Or what I learned by thinking like a conservative news clown
This post is all about getting you to donate to Barrett for Wisconsin to defeat Scott Walker. You can do that now.
When North Carolina’s discriminatory and hateful Amendment One won by twenty points earlier in May, I thought, “I didn’t do enough. I should have done more.” (I think the President felt the same, BTW.)
This was a strange revelation to me. As a Democrat, my thought after a loss is usually: “XXXXXXX didn’t do enough.”
This time I thought, “Goddamit, I’ve gotta do something.”
I was like Michele Bachmann if she’d found out that her twenty-four year old son watches Glee.…
Let's roll!As I have reported before, Jackson County Democratic Party Chair Ruben Marquez has entered the race to challenge Tim "The Original Tea Partier" Walberg in Michigan's 7th Congressional District. Marquez announced after Republican Joe Schwarz declined to run as a Democrat. This gave him less than two weeks to secure the required 1,000 petitions signatures to get on the ballot for the August primary. He was successful.
More misogyny in the Michigan House of Representatives – Rep Frank Foster calls nurses union staffer a c**t
Boys will be
It's just another episode in a long, long string of episodes where some Michigan Republican men can't get into any sort of back and forth with a woman without whipping out the sexist derogatory slurs. This time, it's state House Representative Frank Foster.
While visiting the neighborhood of a Michigan Nurses Association staffer, he called her a "cunt".
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @AriBerman: With 94 year old civil rights activist Rosanell Eaton, who had to pass literacy test to register to vote in 1942 http://t.co… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NationalMemo: 5 Obama Accomplishments & Successes Republicans Have To Pretend Never Happened http://t.co/KcLR3OoX8l http://t.co/XvuQyjz… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @alswrite: Facts? Pfft, opponents of Planned Parenthood don't need no pesky facts to continue their crusade. http://t.co/hoajmbsLez #Sta… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kathoh: 6 tech innovations about to change our world - inc. universal Internet via satellite & fighting fire with sound http://t.co/Z0P… about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Layoffs are at a 42-year low and Speaker Boehner can't even quit his. So I guess he knows where the jobs are now. about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite