by starting your shopping here. Just click this link!
Former Michigan Republican Party spokesman suggests it’s time for armed insurrection after Obamacare is upheld (updated)
Shoot 'em up, shoot 'em up, rah, rah, rah!For some on the right, this whole "every American having access to healthcare coverage" thing is just too goddam much. I wrote yesterday about some of the instant freakout responses. Today we have another and it's a doozy. Former Republican Party spokesman and Lansing "civil rights" attorney Matthew Davis sent out a press release titled "Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?". His press release and more after the jump.
Fmr. US Rep. Patrick Murphy, author of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell repeal bill, endorses Trevor Thomas in MI-03
A different kind of candidate
Former US Rep. Patrick Murphy from Pennsylvania today endorsed Trevor Thomas for Congress in Michigan’s Third Congressional District. Murphy was the first Iraq War veteran to be elected to Congress and was the author of the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010.
Going off of the rails on the crazy train...It's hard to believe that it's been over two years since the Affordable Care Act, our beloved Obamacare, was signed into law. After all, the sky is still up, right? Today's Supreme Court ruling upholding the constitutionality of Obamacare is exactly what happens when the right challenges the constitutionality of a law that was supported, endorsed, and championed by a president who is a constitutional scholar: they get their asses handed to them. The result has been predictable, even if the SCOTUS ruling was not. Much more after the jump.
DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to kick off Ann Arbor OFA Day of Action SATURDAY – YOU are invited!
Let's roll!This Saturday, June 30th, 2012, Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be in Ann Arbor to kick of a Day of Action canvass and phonebank for Obama for America (OFA), the campaign to re-elect President Obama. Starting at 10:00 a.m., the event includes both phonebanking and canvassing and YOU are invited. Before things get started, Ms. Wasserman Schultz will speak to volunteers to let them know what is at stake this year and how important their role is in the 2012 campaign. Details after the jump.
Conservative radio show host says nuns should be “pistol whipped”, Rep. Tom Latham cracks up laughing
Really? You went THERE?Conservative Iowa radio talk show host Jan Mickelson says that a group of nuns that are currently on a bus tour to lobby against the Paul Ryan plan should be pistol whipped. When he did so, his guest, Republican Congressman Tom Latham, could hardly control his laughter. In fact, he didn't. Audio and transcript after the jump.
Romney’s past says everything you need to know about how he’d govern & who he’d represent as president
Not just the past -- the past WEEKIt hasn't been a good week or two for Mitt Romney. His past, which he seems to think nobody will look at, think about, or care about, is beginning to catch up with him. Between his record as a failed job-creator as a governor and a successful jobs-destroyer as a businessman as well as a rare glimpse at just who he will be beholden to if he is elected, Mitt Romney has a severe and awesome image problem to overcome. One I doubt that he will. Much, much more after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @leclemot: Trump’s biggest advantage? The GOP field is boring, tedious and mostly useless https://t.co/DCSLcbFg9K about 5 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sick of career politicians who think they should have to admit that they've mocked a disabled person. about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dceiver: Wow, great work on that lede, you four super-geniuses. (h/t @jackmirkinson) https://t.co/3UFa638lF3 about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We shouldn't let extremists who focus on stuff never mentioned in the Gospels distract us from saying Christianity is a religion of peace. about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If Jeb Bush had burned $200 million he'd still be a few trillion behind his brother. about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite