I don’t what I did to deserve this idiot as my Representative to Congress. Here’s his latest lie-filled drivel:
THIS is astounding.
I’m not rich by most people’s standards. I’m more in this category:
But I was still in the fortunate half — the half that didn’t need government assistance.…
First is was Queen Hamsher declaring that Obama supporters are the “dumbest motherfuckers in the world”. Now there’s this douchebag. He’s Frank Beckman, a far-right radio news personality out of WJR in Detroit.
Obama’s financial supporters — and the president by virtue of his silence over their actions — can no longer conceal a plain truth: their ultimate goal is a complete dismantling of the capitalist economic system and America as we know it.…
New Yorker Michael Trapp nearly found out the hard way that privatization can get you killed.
The report, released this week by Huron County Sheriff Kelly Hanson, said it was close to two hours after 42-year-old Michael Trapp radioed that his two-seat Cessna was “going to be going in the drink” on July 26 that anyone was in position to begin a search.…
This sorta sums things up for me with regard to the Occupy Wall Street and other protests going on around the country at the moment. Not my photo, but so very perfect.
Photo by Velcro Ripper
Protesting! It’s not just for hippies anymore!…
Several hundred people gathered on The Diag at the University of Michigan last evening to organize for further protests in support of #OccupyWallStreet.
It was a diverse crowd and may appear to some as being somewhat disorganized. But they are taking the right steps to move forward.
People in orange shirts like this fine fellow collected names and contact information for things like Transportation, Food & Water and “Tech” (which I have signed up for to help publicize their events.)
Because they were not permitted to have electricity, speakers utilized the “Human Microphone” technique utilized successfully in the Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York so that everyone could be heard:
One by one, speakers got up to speak to the gathered crowd.…
Yesterday, Senate Majority Floor Leader Arlan Meekhof introduced SB 729. This bill makes Michigan a “Right to Work (for Less)” state BUT ONLY FOR TEACHERS. This is the concept first floated by Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville last month. To remind you, here’s a transcript from the Off the Record show where he first floated it:
Richardville: Uh, not Right to Work. No, uh, I’m not a believer that that’s going to transition the economy at this point. However, I will look at some other things, maybe a subset of that. If you pay dollars into a public school system, you send your kids there, you want to participate, I don’t know that you necessarily need to be a part of a union in order to work or teach in the school district.…
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @mmfa: Facts about the Koch brothers to share with your friends: http://t.co/hNs3YOx7cF http://t.co/lpeYbd7gbk about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @goldietaylor: Having lived in #Ferguson, I thought it only right to give voice to some history >> http://t.co/LJqxVjn6Ok via @FaultLine… about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @KagroX: Why don't you report on all the 9-year-old Uzi gun success stories? Huh? about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PaulSzoldra: Can we all pile on Paul Bremer for disbanding the Iraqi army again? http://t.co/2NvfLgjzqL about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JamilSmith: Black and Latino activists are partnering to try to prevent future Fergusons, using the vote. http://t.co/TQooCghb82 about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite