Vaginas Take Back the Capitol TOMORROW – Bringing the Vagina Monologues to Lansing – SUBMIT YOUR SIGN IDEAS!
Vagina PowerA couple of days ago, V-Day, the group founded by Eve Ensler to end violence against women, started a Facebook event page called Vaginas Take Back the Capitol. Ensler, the creator of the Vagina Monologues, will be presenting her show there along with a whole host of other women including state representatives and senators. In just two days, over 2,140 people have RSVPed. This event is going to be huge. Click through for more information and then submit your ideas for signs in the comments.
The GOPocrisy of Michigan Republicans – calling women c–ts and whores is okay, mentioning vaginas gets them censured
INOKIYAR*On the heels of the now-national story of Michigan legislators being banned from speaking for mentioning the words "vagina" and "vasectomies", it's worth having a look back into the ancient history of earlier this year. Why? Because they are guilty of far more egregious behavior toward women than having their sensibilities offended by all of these "v" words. And then some.
Powerful women are powerfulA newly formed group called the Michigan Women's Power Assembly is kicking off tomorrow with a daylong meeting in Detroit. Their focus is to "broaden and update the women's movement and tackle public policy assaults on women's rights. The event will take place this Saturday, June 16th from 8 am to 5 pm on the campus of Wayne State University at the McGregor Conference Center and is open to the public. Registration is $20 and includes lunch and childcare. Scholarships are available. Register at www.miwomenspowerassembly.com. More information after the jump.
"Don’t let anybody tell you that the challenges we face right now are beyond our ability to solve."President Barack Obama visited Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, Ohio yesterday to talk about the two completely different views he and Romney have about how to create jobs and grow the economy. Click HERE for read the entire speech or watch the video.
The Republican War on Women, Michigan-styleAri Adler, spokesperson for Republican House Speaker Jase Bolger, sent a letter to the Capitol press corp saying the Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer and Democratic House Representative Barb Byrum threw "temper tantrums" on the House floor this week. That's what Republican men call it, I guess, when female legislators dare to speak out. Much more GOPocrisy more after the jump.
This is part 2 of my photoblog on Netroots Nation. Click HERE to see part one. Feel free to use the photos below for non-commercial uses. The only requirement is that you leave my watermark on them and that you send me a note letting us know where you posted them. You can use the contact link at the top of the page. Lots of photos after the jump.
A fool and his money...How does this make sense? Aetna Insurance company inadvertently revealed that it has donated $10 million to two groups, the US Chamber of Commerce and the American Action Network in 2011. Both groups are actively fighting the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare".) But the insurance industry LOVES the ACA? Why? Because the individual mandate part of it ensures them a giant pool of money. Oops.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- He sounds so forlorn when there isn't an immigrant to blame. https://t.co/BejUmjWowo about 8 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Walking around the mall today telling little boys who yell at their mommies that they will make excellent Republican congressmen one day. about 12 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Salon: Ben Carson’s destructive lies: 4 racist assumptions endorsed & magnified by Black conservatives http://t.co/MqO3O7gAo4 via @chau… about 13 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mcbridetd: Time to close the #Medicaid gap, in which the working poor reside #moleg https://t.co/Hv4h3rhR8E about 15 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 96 percent of Americans have gotten some government assistance but only 100% of poor people get shit for it. http://t.co/EjCRdZh4BG about 17 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.