You're not fooling anyone, Mitt. Remember: we have the internet.It's not just Latinos that Mitt Romney is pandering to lately. His latest pander target is young people. Namely students. During a news conference this week with Marco Rubio (his first since mid-March, by the way), Romney had to jump back in after it was nearly over when he remembered to throw in the fact that he suddenly agreed with President Obama on extending low interest rates on student loans, something that Republicans seem ready NOT to do...
What's more pathetic? That he says these things or that people believe them?Last night, Mitt Romney assumed the mantle of Republican nominee for the 2012 presidential election. Newt Gingrich thinks that's insulting (to voters, he says) and Ron Paul thinks... well, who knows what Ron Paul thinks? What came out of Mitt Romney's mouth was a string of lies as long as the plane trip between here and the last job he outsourced. Let's take a look...
Piss off a Republican. Support bold progressives.
Before I started writing for Eclectablog, I contributed a little cash to the effort. Why? Even though we are in an election season where a variety of local, state and national candidates need our support, I see what Eclectablog as an essential progressive voice for three reasons:
1. Chris Savage has gills that breathe Michigan politics.
He’s chronicled the anti-democratic efforts of the state GOP relentlessly. And he makes sure his readers know what’s happening now and next. In a state dominated by news that skirts the progressive perspective, Chris cuts through the crap and puts our issues on the national agenda.…
I find your quaint city constitutions mildly amusing…
At a speech criticizing Michigan’s Emergency Manager law yesterday, former Pontiac Emergency Manager Michael Stampfler was talked about the importance of investing in capital infrastructure and something he called civic capital — engagement of the local citizens in the process of governing.
Then he suggested that city charters were just “interesting reading”.
Here’s video from Bruce Fealk of the Rochester Citizen and Communications Director for Michigan Rising:
Compassion is an American valueThere's a humanitarian crisis going on in the Horn of Africa right now. A drought in 2011 was the worst in six decades. A quarter million people in Somalia face famine and death. International donors have pledged nearly $4 billion to help avert this tragedy. The Obama administration is on it. From their press release today: [more after the jump]
"Romney" is Wealthese for "foot in mouth"Holy crap. I thought Mitt Romney was the failmouth of the Romney family but it appears that he married the right woman. Ann Romney is as completely out of touch and unaware as her husband. Giving the keynote at the Connecticut Republican Party’s Prescott Bush Awards Dinner in Stamford, she said this (and I still cannot believe it):
Being a pander monkey is NOT going to help you, MittFacing a crushing defeat by President Obama with the Latino community, Mitt Romney has been found in the presence of one of the most conservative Latinos in the country this past week: Marco Rubio. But Marco Rubio is not well liked among a number of folks. You might be surprised who.
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- The other 39 were vehemently against it. https://t.co/3uqHaIBg9f about 34 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ted Cruz: States should tell same-sex couples, "Sorry, I don't speak gay." http://t.co/thx3U4zyfX about 35 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wavingcrosser: 5 reasons billionaires should hate runaway wealth inequality http://t.co/3pTF7U4TJm about 45 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MikeGrunwald: Coal is still screwed, despite the weird Court decision. My latest @politicoagenda: http://t.co/FCST0i2zXF about 46 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who will be the Republican who calls for abolishing all wedding cakes rather than letting gay people have them? about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite