Mitt didn’t take his Medicare but he wants yours
If you take Mitt Romney at his word, he will gut Medicare, financial aid for college and nearly every federal program that helps working people in order to give millionaires more huge tax breaks.
The problem is: No one seems to take Mitt Romney at his word.
Last year allies of President Obama ran a focus group to find out what people think about Mitt Romney.
Bring the popcorn!While Pete Hoekstra's Senate campaign staggers around from self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet, his primary contenders aren't holding back on him, either. One of them, Gary Glenn, tea partier extraordinaire, is accusing Hoekstra of having hired a convicted felon to collect signatures to put him on the ballot. More entertainment after the jump.
Welcome! We saved you a seat!After sitting on the sidelines for over a year in the battle to repeal Public Act 4 -- Michigan's anti-democratic Emergency Manager Law -- the Michigan AFL-CIO labor union has now entered the fray. They are participating in a rally at the Michigan Court of Appeals next Wednesday. Details after the jump.
Freedom isn't free, Mitt. So, pay your damned taxes!Two explosive acts of real journalism this week have the Romney campaign rocked back on their heels. The wealthy Romneys, already struggling to connect with average Americans, are now revealed to have offshore bank accounts and investments that allow them to avoid paying substantial taxes to the U.S. government. All the gory details after the jump.
Leveling the playing field for American workersIn 2009, the Obama administration imposed harsh tariffs on tires imported from China. This move, called a "safeguard provision", is allowed under a 2000 law. China agreed to the provision when it negotiated its membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO). The provision allows such tariffs to be imposed when a surge in imports into the U.S. damages our industries. China retaliated by placing antidumping and countervailing duties on imports of American-produced automobiles in 2011. This week, the U.S. government filed a challenge with WTO, saying these duties are based on phony allegations. [More after the jump.]
Sorry, face. This nose has GOT to go...Tea party types in Michigan, facing the stinging blow of the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the constitution, are now working on a self-defeating effort to make sure that Michigan doesn't create a health insurance exchange for Michiganders to shop for affordable health insurance. This comical effort apparently disregards the fact that, if they are successful, the federal government will create one FOR us, limiting our state legislators' ability to have any say or control in the matter. This is from an email I received yesterday from the Tea Party of West Michigan (all typos and grammatical errors are theirs, not mine - like the grammatically incorrect tagline at the top of every page on their website: "Influence policy, effect elections, protect the Constitution")... [Email and more after the jump.]
The other day, I made a list of the things that scare me about Mitt Romney’s stated policies:
• He wants tax breaks for the rich larger than George W. Bush’s breaks
• He feels the president can attack Iran any time for any reason
• He wants to overturn Roe v. Wade and defund Planned Parenthood taking basic reproductive health from millions of women
• He wants to write bigotry against gays and lesbians into the Constitution with an anti-gay marriage amendment
• He believes he can make life for millions of undocumented mothers, daughters and grandmothers miserable enough that they will eventually deport themselves
• He won’t end tax breaks for companies that send American jobs overseas
An impressively awful list.…
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @AriBerman: With 94 year old civil rights activist Rosanell Eaton, who had to pass literacy test to register to vote in 1942 http://t.co… about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NationalMemo: 5 Obama Accomplishments & Successes Republicans Have To Pretend Never Happened http://t.co/KcLR3OoX8l http://t.co/XvuQyjz… about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @alswrite: Facts? Pfft, opponents of Planned Parenthood don't need no pesky facts to continue their crusade. http://t.co/hoajmbsLez #Sta… about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @kathoh: 6 tech innovations about to change our world - inc. universal Internet via satellite & fighting fire with sound http://t.co/Z0P… about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Layoffs are at a 42-year low and Speaker Boehner can't even quit his. So I guess he knows where the jobs are now. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite