Just For Men isn’t just Mitt’s favorite hair product, it’s his campaign slogan
I have only one prediction about the rest of 2012: It will be confusing.
827,000 private sector jobs have already been created since January 1, 2012. And apparently, we’re supposed to believe this is bad—compared to the 600,000+ were we losing a month when the President took office. Mitt Romney says he’d be creating 500,000 jobs a month. And the only President to ever do that for more than one month was Mitt Romney’s new hero — Jimmy Carter.
But there is some seriously bad news we have to deal with or we’ll be hoping the Mayans were right: voter registration is down among Hispanics and blacks, core parts of any winning Democratic coalition.…
Republican Joe Schwarz declines to run as a Dem against Walberg in MI-07, Haskell only announced candidate
Seriously? There's not a single legitimate Democrat in MI-07?Contrary to what I was told by multiple sources last month, Republican Joe Schwarz has decided NOT to run as a Democrat against incumbent Republican Tim Walberg in Michigan's 7th Congressional District. Schwarz was being recruited by Michigan Democrats to cross over despite his career as a Republican. What we're left with is ... well ... follow me over the jump and down the rabbit hole.
Remember this? Most people don't, at least not correctly.Most people probably remember George W. Bush swooping down out of the sky in a fighter jet and alighting onto the deck of the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier to give a rousing war speech under a gigantic "Mission Accomplished" banner. You probably remember that the USS Lincoln was in the Persian Gulf at the time and our "Wartime President" was there to celebrate the liberation of Iraq. Right? Wrong.
How to cure Wall Street’s sad.
Rumor has it Wall Street isn’t happy with the President.
The engineers of the financial markets that crumbled in 2008 think the President needs to give a speech similar to the “A More Perfect Union” speech he gave during his first campaign. He’ll bring the country together, ending all class resentment and restoring Wall Street to its superhero patriot status. Another bailout, so to speak.
I’ll give Wall Street this; at least they recognize they are a problem, the controversial Reverend Wright of now who needs to be explained, interpreted.
Of course, Wall Street is also opposing any reforms that would prevent another financial crisis along with any policies that could reverse the dramatic transfer of wealth to the richest Americans that has taken place since 1979.…
I can haz democracy?
The legal team for the Stand Up For Democracy coalition seeking to put the repeal of Public Act 4 — Michigan’s anti-democratic Emergency Manager law — are using a rare legal move to force the Board of State Canvassers to certify nearly a quarter million petition signatures and put the repeal on the November ballot.
Democracy: use it or lose itIn a perfect confluence of democratic goings-on, I hereby dub May 5th, 2012 Democracy Day in Michigan. Two key events are happening that day. First, from 9 a.m. until noon, Democrats across the state will caucus to choose Barack Obama as their candidate for President of the United States. Then, starting at 2 p.m., there will be a rally on the grounds of the State Capitol to kick-off the second attempt to gather enough signatures to put the recall on Governor Rick Snyder on the November ballot. If you can't make it to the rally, it will be live-streamed here at Eclectablog. [Details about both events after the jump.]
Now THAT is an all-star line-up!
This Sunday, May 6, the Detroit NAACP will hold its 57th Annual Fight For Freedom Fund Dinner. Check out this line-up:
- Eric Holder, Attorney General, United States of America
- Rachel Maddow, Host, The Rachel Maddow Show
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee Rev. Julius Ceasar Hope, National Religious Affairs Director, NAACP
- Freedom and Justice Awardee Maureen Taylor, State Chairperson, Michigan Welfare Rights Organization
- Great Expectation Awardee Rhonda Walker, News Anchor and Founder, WDIV and The Rhonda Walker Foundation
- Atty. Nabih Ayad, Founder, Arab American Civil Rights League
- Charles Ogletree, Professor, Harvard Law School
The event starts at 5:00 p.m.…
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Getting your immunology from a celebrity is like getting your climate science from a Republican. about 13 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If you actually have sincere concerns about vaccines, please see a doctor ----> @aaronecarroll about 15 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- America. Where we read other people's emails but not our own. about 21 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aaronecarroll: There's been no thimerosol in infant vaccines since 2003. Sigh. http://t.co/9gFAkeMDJg https://t.co/VGLrYqYPzy about 25 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AlecMacGillis: A year before reporting income of $7 million and assets of $20 million, Jeb told GOP he couldn't afford a 2012 run: http… about 28 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite