"Don’t let anybody tell you that the challenges we face right now are beyond our ability to solve."President Barack Obama visited Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, Ohio yesterday to talk about the two completely different views he and Romney have about how to create jobs and grow the economy. Click HERE for read the entire speech or watch the video.
The Republican War on Women, Michigan-styleAri Adler, spokesperson for Republican House Speaker Jase Bolger, sent a letter to the Capitol press corp saying the Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer and Democratic House Representative Barb Byrum threw "temper tantrums" on the House floor this week. That's what Republican men call it, I guess, when female legislators dare to speak out. Much more GOPocrisy more after the jump.
This is part 2 of my photoblog on Netroots Nation. Click HERE to see part one. Feel free to use the photos below for non-commercial uses. The only requirement is that you leave my watermark on them and that you send me a note letting us know where you posted them. You can use the contact link at the top of the page. Lots of photos after the jump.
A fool and his money...How does this make sense? Aetna Insurance company inadvertently revealed that it has donated $10 million to two groups, the US Chamber of Commerce and the American Action Network in 2011. Both groups are actively fighting the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare".) But the insurance industry LOVES the ACA? Why? Because the individual mandate part of it ensures them a giant pool of money. Oops.
It's all fine until it happens to youAs Republicans across the country move toward privatizing absolutely everything that isn't nailed down, one Republican Township Supervisor in Michigan is decidedly NOT happy about the privatization of a prison in his municipality. Details after the jump.
Oh, grow up.Michigan House Representative Lisa Brown was banned from speaking on the floor of the state House today. Why? Because Michigan Republicans are afraid of vaginas. The the terrifying and unconscionable act of verbal vaginaism that got her banned after the jump (video and SO much more.)
Kids will be kids...As wrote about earlier today, the third graders that are in charge of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign used the time-honored and highly professional campaign tactic of driving around their opponent's campaign rally honking the horn on their bus. My wife, Anne, caught up with their bus parked strategically under an incredibly ironic billboard. Photo after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @Rschooley: New revised logo http://t.co/IWCrwOp6Gz about 3 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mattdpearce: Man. Read this whole thread of tweets on Katrina, the Army Corps of Engineers, and the limitations of journalism: https://… about 32 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @jesseberney: Nothing depicted in this cartoon is not the actual stated policy of @realDonaldTrump. https://t.co/RRdYzauEaf about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Trump's plan to bring jobs back to America? Close factories until workers accept lower wages. http://t.co/U5kzn2zYNb http://t.co/pAykJLMRSF about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MylesUdland: Twitter Sends James Woods a Scathing Letter Over Attempt to Unmask Anonymous User http://t.co/Qd1eoLob4H about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.