I need a graphic of a Pinocchio nose with on-fire pants hanging from it...It may be true that all politicians lie at one time or another, or at least exaggerate their points a bit. But things are starting to crash down all around Mitt Romney. I'm not talking about the constantly changing positions depending on the weather, the audience, sunspot cycles, etc. I'm talking about him lying over and over again to hide his past as a job-killing tax cheat.
Too stupid to vote???Despite the fact that most Americans want Republicans to move on (pdf) and quit fighting a battle they've already lost, House Republicans spent the day debating the repeal the Affordable Care Act, a waste of time and taxpayer money given that it'll never get out of the Senate much less be signed into law by President Obama. The vote tomorrow will be 31st time they've done this. In light of that, it's worth having a look at what Obama-haters in the hinterlands are saying and thinking. I was perusing the Letters to the Editor page at the Livingston County Press and Argus today and came across this letter, written by a person so detached from facts and reality that it's almost insulting that they printed it. This letter shows just exactly what we're up against heading into the November election.
Can you say "out of touch"? I knew you could.The Obama campaign has been hammering hard on Mitt Romney's offshore bank accounts and his absurdly low tax rate and his car elevators and all of the trappings that make him a 0.1 percenter. I'm glad. It's important that Americans know that Mitt is not a "regular guy". He's a massively wealthy millionaire that has always lived a privileged life. He's not one of "us". But there's an easier way to learn about how out of touch Mitt Romney is: listen to Mitt Romney.
So many choices but you only get oneSo, a couple of weeks ago, we asked you to caption a photo taken by Anne at Mitt and Ann Romney's campaign stop in Holland, Michigan in June (our write-up with photos HERE.) Photo and poll after the jump.
Don’t compare me to the almighty, compare me to Mitt Romney
Just a quick note to keep in mind as the President makes the case for extending the Bush tax breaks for Americans earning under $250,000 a year. Mitt doesn’t just want to extend the Bush tax breaks for the rich, which gave millionaires on average $140,000 a year. He wants to give rich Americans more than two and half times what Bush did.
If you don’t credit Romney with extending the Bush cuts–that is, if you just assume they were going to be extended anyhow–then his plan cuts the tax bill for those making more than $1 million a year by $250,000.…
The Republicans' War on Women is ... WOW ...My lovely and talented wife Anne has created a new War on Women graphic for Eclectablog. Check it out after the jump.
Bain Capital-owned Domino’s Pizza makes a hah-hah rape joke with its new “NO IS THE NEW YES” campaign
Seriously? Don't you have any women on your marketing team?I was with a group of people who ordered Domino's Pizza this past weekend. When the pizzas came, some of them, called "Artisanal Pizzas" came in this box in box with the phrase "NO IS THE NEW YES" in large font across the top. Almost everyone in the room of about a dozen people collectively went "WTF?" Photo and discussion after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @Eclectablog: I want to thank Jeb Bush for running for president and for being so terrible at it http://t.co/Yc8JyQ1WKr about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JoeConason: Ready for the new Red Scare? It's not just liberal commies -- it's liberal commies on Mars! Just ask @rushlimbaugh. http://… about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @mmfa: 9 facts about the college debt crisis that right-wing media keeps ignoring: http://t.co/m3Hgzqs8AT http://t.co/KiPJ7C6e1B about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The people who are offended by "Happy Holidays" want to know what your problem with the Confederate flag is. about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HSHV: Vote for animals! Monday's last day to register! Mi-PACA has animal friendly voting info: http://t.co/y0ogvXifHs http://t.co/4ZjC… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite