Every white town countsMitt Romney finished up his recent 5-day bus tour in Michigan this week with stops in Frankenmuth, Dewitt and Holland. For those of you who aren't from Michigan, you're forgiven if you've never heard of those places. The tour is called the "Every Town Counts" tour and had stops in 13 towns. The Nation magazine calls it the "Some Towns Just Don't Count" tour and CBS calls it the "Every (Wealthy) Town Counts" tour. Romney was met by a monstrous crowd of a about 400 mostly white, mostly male supporters. He was also met by a significant number of protesters, including MoveOn.org's "No Millionaire Left Behind Romney Mobile". Photos and video after the jump.
Drunk with powerMichigan male Republican legislators seem to have no filter when it comes to dealing with opposition. If they think it, they say it. And tweet it.
Struggling in America? Try applying to be Ann Romney’s horse. It’s doing better than you. – UPDATED: Maybe not.
Of course, of course.Times are tough for you, you say? Having a hard time paying your bills, getting healthcare, and clothing your kids, you say? Maybe you should apply to be Ann Romney's horse. Why? Because her Olympics-bound dressage horse Rafalca is very likely doing WAY better than you.
Quit SAYING that! People will think things are getting better.The Romney campaign wants Florida Governor Rick Scott to quit talking about how great the economy is in Florida right now. Knowing that an improved economic picture kills Romney's only talking point in this election, they simply can NOT have that kind of talk.
I am trying to break your heart
On either Thursday, June 21 or Monday, June 25, the Supreme Court will issue its decision on the Affordable Care Act, which I’ve grown to enjoy calling ObamaCare. National treasure Jonathan Cohn describes likely scenarios for how the Court will rule, and the prospects are grim. Likely, some—if not all—of the bill will be struck down.
Watching this epic achievement for working people being erased summarily by a Court increasingly tainted by conservative politics makes me want to holler. Health care in the United States was actually socialized in the dumbest possible way through a law signed by Ronald Reagan.…
Emergency Manager law opponents file for immediate action by Board of State Canvassers to put repeal on ballot
Your stall tactics are becoming obvious, RepublicansThe Stand Up for Democracy coalition along with Rainbow/Push Detroit filed an emergency appeal today demanding that the Board of State Canvassers rule immediately to put the repeal of Public Act 4 - Michigan's anti-democratic Emergency Manager law -- on the November ballot.
Surprise, surprise: Ryan plan that Romney supports taxes the middle class, gives tax breaks to the rich (updated)
Government by the wealthy, for the wealthy
I realize that this is going to come as a huge shock to many of you. Perhaps you’d like to sit down for this:
The budget plan put forth by Paul Ryan will raise taxes on the middle class and give huge tax breaks to the super wealthy.
That’s the plan that Mitt Romney said this about:
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @AriBerman: 50 years ago George Wallace told local judges not to register black voters after Voting Rights Act passed. History repeating… about 5 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @themoneygame: The US economy looks like it's getting even stronger http://t.co/erqMbhuofj about 31 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LPJLeague: Teens are making smart choices–but let's defund the largest provider of contraception?? #WakeUpWednesday #StandWithPP http:/… about 32 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Mr_Berman: Donald Trump could be even richer than he is today…if he didn’t do any of the stuff he did to try and get rich. http://t.co/… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JoeMyGod: Liberty University To Erect New Tower - http://t.co/xpGtXL5CZ4 http://t.co/PvYnSMLGhK about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite