GoosebumpsOne of the really cool things that they have at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan, is the bus on which Rosa Parks took her famous stand. Or sit, rather. Yesterday, President Barack Obama, another African American to break down barriers and make history, sat on that same bus and was photographed by White House photographer Pete Souza. [Photo after the jump.]
Romney surrogate Ted Nugent hates America
I’ve written about Ted Nugent before (“Ted Nugent: This is what happens when an idiot-clown gets the megaphone“) partly because he’s from Michigan and used to live near my hometown of Jackson.
Ted Nugent is an American traitor.
This week at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention, Nugent said “our government is wiping its ass with the Constitution”, that four Supreme Court justices “don’t believe in the Constitution”, called our government “vile, evil, [and] America-hating “, and said President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton are all “criminals”.…
Fired up and ready to go in Michigan!Here are some photos and video from yesterday's Obama campaign stop at the beautiful Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan. I don't have much to say other than it was a spectacular venue, an energized president, and an even more energized crowd. As you look at the video and images, notice how diverse the crowd is. It's one of the hallmark's of President Obama's supporters, in my opinion. All photos by Anne C. Savage, used with permission. You can view more of her photos from the event HERE.
You can't haz tax returnzThe Democratic Party sent out this fun tweet yesterday: As Steve Benen at Maddow Blog points out, Romney's latest evasive maneuver...
You ain’t from around here is you, boy?
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker had quite a day yesterday. First, he was greeted by upwards of 2,000 protesters at an speech for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce. Then, when he got to Michigan, he was greeted by a crowd estimated to be anywhere from 1,300 to nearly 3,000.
The Republican governor is trying to hold onto his job in the aftermath of his successful efforts to curb collective bargaining rights for public employees in Wisconsin.…
Won’t someone think of the bombers? Nevermind. Someone did.
When the deficit cutting committee failed to reach agreement last year, it set in motion a series of automatic budget cuts which included some military cuts. This, of course, is an anathema to the Republicans so they have been scrambling like crazy to find a way to trim the budget to avoid cuts to military spending.
They have prevailed. They will be cutting benefits to food stamp recipients.
This is based on the belief, recently spelled out by Paul Ryan, that things like food stamps “transform our social safety net into a hammock, which lulls able-bodied people into lives of complacency and dependency.”
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Can't wait for Republicans to complain the Pope is violating their religious freedom to be wrong about Climate Change http://t.co/8j64BiLbPR about 11 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JenMangler: "This is why the richest have been trying to kill America's labor #unions": http://t.co/HJ564lBukc #LaborMovement #IncomeGa… about 32 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Social Justice" is a pretty laughable concept to dudes worried about "Men's Rights." about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If only we'd had his calming influence in the White House, Iraq would be just a never-ending Eagles song. https://t.co/y8hWZ3GJZH about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FrankConniff: Ben Carson says secular progressives are driving God out of our lives. I think religion is driving God out of our lives. about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite