by starting your shopping here. Just click this link!
Who's really in charge here?Last year, Vice President Dick Cheney said THIS about Paul Ryan: “I worship the ground the Paul Ryan walks on. I hope he doesn’t run for president because that would ruin a good man who has a lot of work to do.” That's high praise from the man most people think was the real President of the United States between 2000 and 2008. When you look at how much clout Paul Ryan has gotten over the past few years, particularly as the GOP's budgetary whiz kid, it makes you wonder who will be the brains of a Romney/Ryan White House. More after the jump including a new Eclectagraphic suitable for sharing.
You are NOT alone!As I wrote about back in July, our friends at Working America have launched the "Dear David" campaign where workers, unionized or not, can get answers to their labor and work-related questions. Well, now you can access the "Dear David" website directly from their widget on Eclectablog. Just click through on the widget at the top of the right sidebar to see answers to questions others have asked or to ask one of your own. The response to their project has been fantastic with nearly 200 questions submitted since it began. More details after the jump.
Hoo boy...You have to hand it to Pete Houkstra -- the man has gall. He's running for Senate against Senator Debbie Stabenow and yet he wants to repeal the 17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that allows for the direct election of Senators. I wish I were kidding.
And so it begins...Right out of the chute, Mitt Romney flubbed the announcement of Paul Ryan as his choice for Vice President. "Join me in welcoming the next President of the United States, Paul Ryan." He left the stage, Paul Ryan ran up, then he had to come back up on stage to correct himself. Two rich white guys, neither of whom ever served in the military, making their major announcement on the deck of a military ship. How typical of the Republicans is that? In the process, Romney gave the Democrats the best photo op they could hope for: "Every now and then I've been known to make a mistake," he said, pointing at Paul Ryan. Screen cap, video and more after the jump.
1. Paul Ryan makes Mitt look weaker.
Mitt only picked Ryan out of weakness. He knew he was losing and he knew he needed to get attention off his business career and tax avoidance. Because of this obvious flailing, he was bullied by the far right into picking a running mate he knew would hurt him. Mitt may have finally wrapped up the GOP nomination in August but he did it by admitting he’d lost control of his campaign. Since Mitt picked Ryan he’s already had to distance himself from the Ryan Plan and then backtrack from distancing himself. The qualities that were sinking Mitt are being emphasized with a Paul Ryan-sized highlighter.…
Please. Stop. You make the rest of us look like the idiot you are.I'm getting pretty used to Michigan being the laughing stock of the country. Between tea party whacko and Troy mayor Janice Daniels and some of the most absurd tea party Republican legislators you will find in the USA, we really have a big lead in the "Who has the biggest idiots" race. But Walt Wawra of Kalamazoo has taken it to "11". Sorry, pathetic, embarrassing details after the jump.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Regardless, conservatives will say we don't need laws to fight gun deaths but laws must stop the scourge of women getting basic health care. about 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I'd like to announce that I've become a viral teen conservative YouTube sensation. Let the healing begin! about 9 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @emptywheel: Planned Parenthood, holding itself to higher standard of evidence than majority of US Congress. https://t.co/aXxesGCPoW about 12 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DanaHoule: So, it’s looking like conservatives’ take is “no way this shooter is targeting the murderers at Planned Parenthood!” about 14 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lizzwinstead: We've got to stand up for these clinics & these doctors & stop caving into the demands put on the providers and patients … about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite