Michigan GOP House Speaker Jase Bolger & new Republican Roy Schmidt found to have committed gross election fraud
Corruption in the House of BolgerA press release from Kent County Prosecuting Attorney William Forsyth has revealed a jaw-dropping level of corruption and fraud on the part of Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger and Democrat-turned-Republican Representative Roy Schmidt. You can read the back story on Schmidt's last minute dick move switch from Democrat to Republican that effectively ruined any chance of Democrats having a viable candidate HERE and HERE. Forsyth's investigation reveals that Schmidt and Bolger conspired to hire the weightlifting buddy of Schmidt's nephew, Matthew Mojak, to run as a Democrat but not actually campaign. This would have forced Democrats to run a REAL Democrat in the primary as a write-in candidate, virtually assuring they would lose and that Schmidt would essentially have no opponent in the November general election. The level of corruption and fraud perpetrated by Representative Schmidt and House Speaker Bolger is beyond anything witnessed in this state in recent memory.
A majority of Americans still blame George W. Bush for what George W. Bush did
Did you hear that George W. Bush’s institute just put out a book about the economy? That’s the kind of news that turns everyone into LOLGOP.
I said, “Dick Cheney’s book about hunting tips is to follow.” The great Rob Delaney offered:
— rob delaney (@robdelaney) July 15, 2012
Charlotte, here we come!First, a big thanks to those of you who have already contributed to Eclectablog during this round of fundraising. I realize times are tough for most of us so it's gratifying to see people contributing to something they believe in. If you haven't made a contribution yet, you can do so after the jump.
This time he's gone TOO far!ALERT THE PRESS!!! FIRE UP THE TORCHES!!! MAN THE PITCHFORKS!!! President Obama has dissed every business owner, alive or dead, EVER! How? He said this: "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." He totally did. I learned about it from a Romney campaign email and, by God, IT'S TRUE!!! OMG!!!
POTUS leadership: UR doin it right
Today, at the direction of President Obama, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) announced an Executive Order that “interim final regulation that immediately extends eligibility for health insurance coverage under the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) program to temporary firefighters and fire protection personnel working on wildland fires across the country”. These brave men and women have been working in overdrive mode as the country faces the most debilitating drought in decades.
The effort began when the wife of firefighter John Lauer had a premature baby and racked up $70,000 in medical bills while he was off fighting wildfires.…
OopsieRemember that racist "Yellow Girl" Superbowl ad Pete Hoekstra ran last winter? (You can read my pieces on it HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.) Somehow a station in the Flint/Saginaw area ran it again this morning by accident. Oops.
Buy us a beer?
LOLGOP on Twitter
- RT @politicalwire: Republicans begin to worry about Rand Paul's Senate seat http://t.co/yWmGKelY68 about 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheNardvark: “Can I get 2 boxes of Sudafed?” “Sorry, by law you can only buy one at a time.” “Okay then just the one box of Sudafed a… about 6 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AriBerman: With 94 year old civil rights activist Rosanell Eaton, who had to pass literacy test to register to vote in 1942 http://t.co… about 12 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NationalMemo: 5 Obama Accomplishments & Successes Republicans Have To Pretend Never Happened http://t.co/KcLR3OoX8l http://t.co/XvuQyjz… about 12 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @alswrite: Facts? Pfft, opponents of Planned Parenthood don't need no pesky facts to continue their crusade. http://t.co/hoajmbsLez #Sta… about 12 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite