Yes, it’s still the law
In what appears to be a never-ending saga of a ham-handed, clumsy implementation of a constitutionally-questionable law, the Snyder administration has finally won a court battle which put Flint Mayor Dayne Walling out of a job (again) and Emergency Manager Michael Brown back in (again). This and the continuing battles in Detroit and elsewhere to make the Snyder administration obey the law, in this case the Open Meetings Act, have slowed down the relentless push to install Emergency Managers in struggling cities across the state.
I should say that I don’t think the Governor actually relishes the thought of all these cities being his responsibility.…
The true story of a real boy trying to become a puppet.
Yesterday Ann Romney said the general election campaign will “unzip” her husband to reveal just how not “stiff” Mitt actually is.
Echoing the “Etch A Sketch” comment from a few weeks ago, Mrs. Romney is suggesting we haven’t met the Mitt Romney yet. Though Mitt has been running for office since before Justin Bieber was born, somehow the real Mitt is still hiding somewhere in his mom jeans. As if suddenly, in August or September, he’s going to appear as a fully formed super Republican — Jesus “Rand” Reagan.…
Second time’s a charm
Michigan Rising has risen like a phoenix from the ashes of the first attempt to recall Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and is giving it a second try. Last week, they submitted petition language in Washtenaw County. They had no trouble getting their language approved last year so there is little reason to believe they will have any problems this time either.
Here is their press release from earlier today:
Romney. It’s Mandarin for “job creator”.
We don’t value work.
I say “we” because, like it or not, we all go down together. We—though we may know better—allow our society to be co-opted by those who value playing with money more than working for it. That’s why a slim majority of Republicans like Mitt Romney, the man personifies the victory of high finance over labor.
You know how a company’s stock goes up after it announces big layoffs?…
I can haz constitutional freedoms?As I wrote about last week, Michigan Democrats have filed a lawsuit against their GOP colleagues, demanding that they hold roll call votes on "immediate effect" bills when they are requested. Again, the right to ask for a roll call vote if one-fifth of the House members request it is guaranteed in the state constitution. Today, Ingham County Circuit Judge Clinton Canady III granted them a Temporary Restraining Order, compelling the Republicans to...
"Pro-Life" has different meanings for different people, apparentlyA Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin was bombed last night. Fortunately, nobody was injured and the building sustained only minor damage from the resulting fire. The bombing is under investigation by the FBI. While presidential candidates like Mitt Romney say...
Women make ALL the difference
Barack Obama has taken a 4-point lead over Mitt Romney in Gallup’s latest national poll, up from a 47-47 tie in their last poll.
He’s up over Rick Santorum by an even larger 51-43 gap.
The big change came mainly from from women under 50 years old where President Obama enjoys a more than 30-point lead. This confirms recent polling by the Pew Research Center showing the gap between the president and Romney among all women at 58-38.
In other words, the latest Republican attacks on women appear to be taking their toll on the GOP candidates and that is exactly as it should be.…
Amazon.com shopping here:
LOLGOP on Twitter
- Republicans say Hillary Clinton is too old to run for president but not old enough to qualify for Social Security under Jeb Bush's new plan. about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NationalMemo: If Inequality Worries Republicans, Why Do They Keep Making It Worse? http://t.co/pAiTkiqUGP http://t.co/MSf0SXLy5y about 1 hour ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Eclectablog: Republicans are as wrong about Obamacare as they were about the Iraq War (by @LOLGOP) http://t.co/m5reajm7OX about 2 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Pretty brave of Rick Santorum to admit he won't see Bateman v. Superman for fear it will end in a loving marriage. about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @jbouie: Can we safely assume that a Republican administration in 2017 will start a war with Iran? https://t.co/qKhJ5TSW9N about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite