Donald Trump signed the Trump Tax Scam bill into law in late December. The new law was supposed to save Republican Party from Donald Trump but, so far, that hasn’t happened. Despite spending millions of dollars running nearly 17,800 advertisements on television, the law remains extremely unpopular. 36% of Americans think the law is a bad idea while only 27% think it’s a good idea. In fact, most people aren’t even aware of what the law has done for them, good or bad:
A new Morning Consult/Politico poll released Wednesday found that fewer people were reporting seeing bigger paychecks due to the new tax law than those that did in a survey last month.
The April survey found that 22 percent of registered voters reported seeing paycheck increases, while 55 percent said they hadn’t noticed a bump and 23 percent didn’t know or didn’t have an opinion.
What you may not know is that Vice President Pence has been sent out all across America to do “Tax Cuts to Put America First” rallies. So far, he’s done eleven of them:
- Jan 31 – Remarks by Vice President Pence Regarding the Positive Impact of President Trump’s Tax Reform Policies on Working Americans, Businesses, and West Virginian Families (White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia)
- Feb 2 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at America First Policies Tax Reform Event (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Feb 17 – Remarks by Vice President Mike Pence at an America First Policies Tax Reform Event (Dallas, Texas)
- March 6 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at Tax Cuts to Put America First Event (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
- March 7 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at a Tax Cuts to Put America First Event (Versailles, Kentucky)
- March 9 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at an America First Policies “Tax Cuts to Put America First” Event (Cleveland, Ohio)
- March 22 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at a Tax Cuts to Put America First Event (Manchester, New Hampshire)
- March 23 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at Tax Cuts to Put America First Event (Atlanta, Georgia)
- March 27 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at a “Tax Cuts to Put America First” Event (Fargo, North Dakota)
- March 28 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at a Tax Cuts To Put America First Event (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- April 20 – Remarks by Vice President Pence at “Tax Cuts to Put America First” Event (Charlotte, North Carolina)
This is, of course, what the Obama administration failed to do after passing the Affordable Care Act. If they were to follow the Republican model, they would have spent the next year bragging about their accomplishment, using our tax dollars to send Joe Biden around the country to talk up Obamacare.
The difference here is that, despite the millions and millions of dollars being spent to promote the Trump Tax Scam and the Mike Pence Tax Scam Victory Tour, the tax cuts for the wealthy are wildly unpopular. In fact, despite conservative groups spending millions to attack Obamacare after it passed and Democrats moving on to solve the next problem, the Affordable Care Act wasn’t any less popular than this $1.5 trillion handout to the wealthiest people in America.
So, what are Republicans doing to salvage this disaster ahead of the midterm elections? Naturally, they believe the solution to this problem is … wait for it … more tax cuts.
Mike Pence is going to be a very busy man.