Now THAT is an all-star line-up!
This Sunday, May 6, the Detroit NAACP will hold its 57th Annual Fight For Freedom Fund Dinner. Check out this line-up:
- Eric Holder, Attorney General, United States of America
- Rachel Maddow, Host, The Rachel Maddow Show
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee Rev. Julius Ceasar Hope, National Religious Affairs Director, NAACP
- Freedom and Justice Awardee Maureen Taylor, State Chairperson, Michigan Welfare Rights Organization
- Great Expectation Awardee Rhonda Walker, News Anchor and Founder, WDIV and The Rhonda Walker Foundation
- Atty. Nabih Ayad, Founder, Arab American Civil Rights League
- Charles Ogletree, Professor, Harvard Law School
The event starts at 5:00 p.m. and takes place at the Cobo Conference Center in Detroit, Michigan.
For more information or to purchase tickets today please call the Detroit Branch NAACP at (313) 871-2087.
I will be there and will have a post up about it next week along with some of Anne’s fabulous photos.