PITTSBURGH—Citing three years of exhausting partisan politics, constant gridlock in Congress, and an overall feeling that the entire nation has “completely lost it,” President Barack Obama openly asked a campaign-rally crowd Tuesday why he’d want to serve another term as president of “this godforsaken country.”
“My fellow Americans, I come to you today to ask, why?” Obama said to 1,200 people gathered inside a gymnasium at Taylor Allderdice High School. “Why can’t our congressional leaders work together to create jobs? Why can’t Wall Street ever be held accountable? And most important, why on God’s green earth would I voluntarily subject myself to this nonsense for another four years?”
“I’m dead serious,” the president continued, saying that any reasonable person would have walked away the moment the Senate minority leader announced his main priority—above creating jobs and improving American health care—was to make Obama a one-term president. “I’m asking if anybody out there can come up with even one reason why I’d want to endure this unmitigated shit show for another minute, let alone through 2016. What’s in it for me, exactly? Can anyone answer that? Anyone at all?”
After a long silence during which crowd members mostly just shuffled their feet and stared at the ground, Obama said, “Yeah, that’s what I thought.” [...]
“Whenever I watch him on the stump asking a crowd, ‘Why am I fucking here right now?’ or saying things like, ‘I think I’d rather die than do this job again,’ he’s so fiery and passionate I’m reminded of the 2007 Obama,” Democratic strategist Karen Finney said. “The one who thought he could make a difference before a broken, nonsensical political system and an insane populace robbed him of his humanity, ripped out his heart, and left him for dead.”
The Onion: “Obama Openly Asks Nation Why On Earth He Would Want To Serve For Another Term”
Subscribe to our newsletter using the link in the right sidebar. Use the buttons below to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
- In case you thought birtherism and Obama derangement syndrome were dead, they aren’t
- The real ‘train wreck’ is our health care system is broken and the GOP has no plan to fix it
- Republicans in Congress bust Obama admin for buying up all the danged bullets, legislation has been introduced
- Obama gives speech to Planned Parenthood that conservatives said he cancelled
- A year later and Ted Nugent is still alive, not in jail and thinks he’s Rosa Parks
"best state-based progressive political blog" for Michigan
LOLGOP on Twitter
- If only the correlation between C02 & climate change were as easy to prove as the connection between rich people's feelings & the economy. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PaulBegala: "Bring Back the Articles of Confederation". Tea Party would love it. @NYTKeller. #NextKellerColumn about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Republicans want to offset all the time they spend not creating jobs with with all the time they spend not repealing ObamaCare. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tea Party groups are never going to have to pay taxes. The question is if they should have to disclose their donors. http://t.co/Kmjnkj6mbd about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Republicans. Too busy regulating a women's business to worry about big business. http://t.co/1IOboIM4mG about 4 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Subscribe to Eclectablog
Be notified when new posts are added!
Subscribe to a daily digest
Click HERE to receive one email per day around 5 p.m. ET with links to all of the Eclectablog posts from the past 24 hours.